diy solar

diy solar

Anyone have this 100Ah Vestwoods battery?

FYI - Amazon currently has a $100 coupon on that battery. I think it said good until 100 pieces sell. Something like that. 12/7/22

I have had one in my cart for a while and all I see is the $30 off coupon. But the price before that is $329, so still not too bad. If someone knows how to get the $100 coupon, please post it. I am looking to buy one more.

I have had one in my cart for a while and all I see is the $30 off coupon. But the price before that is $329, so still not too bad. If someone knows how to get the $100 coupon, please post it. I am looking to buy one more.
The link I replied to is the 200Ah battery.

Hi guys!.. Newbie here, but just curious to see if anyone got a 0% SOC after an update?. Or us it just me?. Happened in first in Aug, and and just after updating app. I know I shouldn't have zeroed out my 200ah battery with a deep freezer that runs 5 mins every 15mins/hr @ 80watts right??. Haha. or is my math wrong?..

Hi guys!.. Newbie here, but just curious to see if anyone got a 0% SOC after an update?. Or us it just me?. Happened in first in Aug, and and just after updating app. I know I shouldn't have zeroed out my 200ah battery with a deep freezer that runs 5 mins every 15mins/hr @ 80watts right??. Haha. or is my math wrong?..
I heard that an App update sometime in the summer removed some features, like individual cell voltage display. I haven't updated my app myself because I don't want to lose those features.

I have the 12.8V 100Ah Vestwoods model. It's been working ok for me at low intensity loads. I don't have anything large hooked up to it.
The capacity reporting does seem to be off by -30%, ex: a 5A load for 1hr will change the App's reported remaining capacity by -3Ah.

I heard that an App update sometime in the summer removed some features, like individual cell voltage display.

Can't say about the Android app because I don't update apps that are already working fine, but I had just installed the app on my iPhone (app is called Vestwoods for that) and it does not display individual cell voltages. But I don't know if that one ever did.
I have the 12.8V 100Ah Vestwoods model. It's been working ok for me at low intensity loads. I don't have anything large hooked up to it.
The capacity reporting does seem to be off by -30%, ex: a 5A load for 1hr will change the App's reported remaining capacity by -3Ah.

I have 8 of these in various projects and I have found mine to be fairly accurate on SOC readings, matching my shunt based meters fairly well.

I do wish you could name the batteries though. I have to keep a cheat sheet list of which is which (using the last 3 digits of the SN) nearby. But to be honest, they have all been working well, so I rarely even look at them.

Back