diy solar

diy solar

Anyone know anything about this Qucc Relay Smart BMS?

My experience with QUCC bms is that it is JBD that is rebranded. My QUCC 16s BMS is good, I really like it but I cannot use it for standby because it goes to sleep after 65000 seconds (adjustable from 1 to 65535 seconds, there is no disable setting). This means that after 18 hours it will shut off it there is no significant current draw in or out of it. You might want to look into this depending on your application. Aside for that, I love that JDB BMS.
I like that this one uses external hall effect for current sense and that it will use external contactors. Keep all the high current stuff away from the board.

You have to draw current thru it. There is a 10ohm resistor across the relay contacts when they are open. The relay will turn on after the bms senses current. I have no stats for how often the sleeping bms checks for current (1ms, 100ms???) or what the current threshold is.

You have to draw current thru it. There is a 10ohm resistor across the relay contacts when they are open. The relay will turn on after the bms senses current. I have no stats for how often the sleeping bms checks for current (1ms, 100ms???) or what the current threshold is.
Is it automatic turn-on once there's a load in the battery?

Yes
Is it automatic turn-on once there's a load in the battery?
yes, it turns on in a fraction of a second. I use a load resistor to make it come on and before the spark is gone, the relay has activated. I've never timed it with an oscilloscope. but it is quick.

Is the 10 Ohm resistor for precharging before turning back on?

Is the 10 Ohm resistor for precharging before turning back on?
The 10 ohm resistor is bypassing the relay 100% of the time. It is used as a current sense to turn the BMS on and also as a precharge.

Back