diy solar

diy solar

Anyone know this connection?

Steve2649

Hello everyone, I recently bought a Tabuchi 10kwh battery bank and it has these 2 connections left of the battery terminals (see photo).
IMG_20200328_131424900~2.jpg

I don't know what they're for but the manual says communication cables from the Tabuchi inverter attaches to it. I am not using the Tabuchi inverter.

I checked inside the battery enclosure and the two wires (blk & blk/wht) goes to the BMS and has 1.67v across them when the breaker is on.

Could this be a load disconnect?

Thanks,
Steve

Attachments

• IMG_20200328_131424900.jpg
    IMG_20200328_131424900.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20200328_131424900.jpg
    IMG_20200328_131424900.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 5
I don't think it's a simple signal. My guess is it's a serial data communication using a differential pair, like CAN or RS485.

What could this possibly be for, and would it be needed for charging?
Review the battery documentation and then download their inverter docs and they should tell you what the inverter does with this. It is likely RS232, possibly RS485, may also just be a trigger for a stop charging relay in the inverter too. You'll only know by looking at their manuals / docs.

I also think it is either a comms interface or a remote switch as mentioned above. VZ301 and VZ302 could be surge protection which implies it will be connected to a cable which may be prone to induction of some sorts.

Thanks everyone. The manuals are pretty useless and only shows one wire coming from the inverter which indicates "STORAGE BATTERY SIGNAL." The single wire coming from the storage battery signal eventually splits into two where it plugs into the battery pack.

This being an 86V battery (10kwh), I'm just trying to see if I can use it on an inverter like the Fronius Symo?

So my plan was to use this battery pack to use with a Fronius or Solax A1-ESS, but after speaking to the retailer (Bluesun) of Solax, they said the inverters will only work with Solax batteries. Since I cannot find an inverter that will work with my Tabuchi batteries, should I just take them apart and make 50V packs so I can use 48V MPP Solar inverters?

Here is a photo of the Tabuchi packs. There are 24 packs in each battery bank.

Attachments

• Battery.jpg
    Battery.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 19
MisterSandals,

I've read that inverters need to talk the same dialect based on their CAN coding which would be why Solax is saying that?

What are your thoughts, should I try using the Solax inverter as the charging specs are nearly identical to the Tabuchi inverter? Or do inverters need to be brand specific to the battery (all major brand inverters list they're only compatible with LG Chem, BYD, etc) unlike MPP Solar units?

I dunno. I didn’t consider the communications possibility. They may have some handshake to make sure only their tested equipment was used together.
Otherwise, cells are cells from my experience.

Those were my thoughts. That's why I'm thinking just maybe use without BMS or using electrodacus or the like.

I would definitely use a BMS on lithium ion because of the exothermic nature of what can happen when improperly charged or discharged.

Hello everyone, I recently bought a Tabuchi 10kwh battery bank and it has these 2 connections left of the battery terminals (see photo).
View attachment 9831

I don't know what they're for but the manual says communication cables from the Tabuchi inverter attaches to it. I am not using the Tabuchi inverter.

I checked inside the battery enclosure and the two wires (blk & blk/wht) goes to the BMS and has 1.67v across them when the breaker is on.

Could this be a load disconnect?

Thanks,
Steve
this communication between inverted and a battery that tell a battery when is charging/discharge,set level of discharge,(a battery only discgage 80% )

this communication between inverted and a battery that tell a battery when is charging/discharge,set level of discharge,(a battery only discgage 80% ) I’m have Tabuchi inverter

Back