diy solar

diy solar

Anyone replaced the fans on an AIO?

Lt.Dan

Solar Wizard
I'm curious if anyone has replaced their fans with a higher output/quieter fan(s)? Im not super interested in quieter as its not a big deal to me because of where its mounted, but more cooling is important to me as I've had an over temperature situation many times.

I specifically have an LV6548 and a 2nd one on the way, but it can apply to any AIO im sure.

Trick is to figure out how big a fan you can fit in the factory location and what voltage/amperage is available.

I've swapped fans on several Victron Multiplus to get better cooling or less noise.

As you can fabricate the other option is a new fan mount to allow you to fit something larger blowing across the important bits in the LV's. Look for the heatsinks as usually a good starting point.

I also did the same on my ARB twin compressors in the JL - they would overheat on really hot days when airing up my 37's from 15psi. Bigger fan is noisy but you don't hear it over the twin compressors and it has had a noticeable benefit to keeping them cool.

I thought you had already purchased additional cooling . . . a dual fan temp thingy?

I think you don't need to replace the fans, just add some really low current 120mm PC case fans and pull IN and push OUT to another cavity in your bays. Just run a line to a 12v source, I wouldn't even bother with a temp sensor on the fans as the are low current, let em rip.

You could use screen or some thin dust foam that you use in the front of a PC case.

Should be easy enough fans will be one of several "universal" sizes look at nuctula fans, there generally considered the best in the 12v world.

Look at the sticker on the hub it shouod have a part number/brand on it

Cfm is what u really are paying attention to.

You may also be able to home brew a solution eg mount a extra fan on the intake even attaching to outside of the case and run it from 12v power supply.

Back