diy solar

diy solar

Anyone see dealing with the firmware issue on the MPP LVX6048WP

Redacted

My MPP LVX6048WP has been throwing errors since I installed it, a reboot would fix most except this error 13/14 that would come up and go away.

I contacted mpp and they provide new firmware. The issue persists, I work with them and they provide another fix. The errors are now gone but the fans are now as loud as a jet, apparently the fix for the bad chips is to blow more air on them.

Now this will of course shorten the lifespan of the fans and probably the unit itself. Has anyone done any warranty claims through mpp? My local solar shop is essentially useless, so i have little faith they are going to assist. I am hoping to ditch this until and move to a non all in one. Lessons learned I guess, I just hope it doesn't cost me 4 grand to learn.

My MPP LVX6048WP has been throwing errors since I installed it, a reboot would fix most except this error 13/14 that would come up and go away.

I contacted mpp and they provide new firmware. The issue persists, I work with them and they provide another fix. The errors are now gone but the fans are now as loud as a jet, apparently the fix for the bad chips is to blow more air on them.

Now this will of course shorten the lifespan of the fans and probably the unit itself. Has anyone done any warranty claims through mpp? My local solar shop is essentially useless, so i have little faith they are going to assist. I am hoping to ditch this until and move to a non all in one. Lessons learned I guess, I just hope it doesn't cost me 4 grand to learn.
Multiple problem with this inverter. Essentially not ready for primetime:
start reading that page on.

Thanks for that! If these issues persist I will have to pull a warranty claim.

Good thing I bought it in country and on paypal

Hey @Redacted, I was running into this issue possibly, warning 14 (not error, but a warning with the caution triangle) when trying to start my LVX6048WP during this power outage. Utility power went out and has been out since this ice storm that hit Michigan.

My LiFePo4 battery bank was charged and sitting around 52-53 volts. I had configuration option 9 "Low DC cut off battery voltage setting when grid is unavailable" set to 50v and when I lowerd it (I have it at 48v right now), warning 14 went away and the inverter would power my loads and stay running again. Id like to have my DC cut off higher at the voltage for 10% SOC but the MPP doesnt seem to want to do that and play nice with the battery voltage at 53v. Lower it is, hope this helps.

Hey @Redacted, I was running into this issue possibly, warning 14 (not error, but a warning with the caution triangle) when trying to start my LVX6048WP during this power outage. Utility power went out and has been out since this ice storm that hit Michigan.

My LiFePo4 battery bank was charged and sitting around 52-53 volts. I had configuration option 9 "Low DC cut off battery voltage setting when grid is unavailable" set to 50v and when I lowerd it (I have it at 48v right now), warning 14 went away and the inverter would power my loads and stay running again. Id like to have my DC cut off higher at the voltage for 10% SOC but the MPP doesnt seem to want to do that and play nice with the battery voltage at 53v. Lower it is, hope this helps.
Hey thanks for that ! I think I am in the same boat it is a warning not an error and it seems if you have any settings above the bottom voltage of the battery it will throw the error. I was talking to MPP and said I don't want to run my battery down that low.. the answer was "well that's what it programmed for" I am starting to see the value in the not all in ones. But the price is hard to beat ! Glad you had some power. Some of my friends have been out too

Hey thanks for that ! I think I am in the same boat it is a warning not an error and it seems if you have any settings above the bottom voltage of the battery it will throw the error. I was talking to MPP and said I don't want to run my battery down that low.. the answer was "well that's what it programmed for" I am starting to see the value in the not all in ones. But the price is hard to beat ! Glad you had some power. Some of my friends have been out too
I am was not getting any errors on the LVX6048WP, and was very impressed with how quiet the units are. Wanting the latest code, I updated to 7.31 (i have the original hardware) DSP and 14.1 MCU.
Right after the update, the fans spun up to full throttle, and are staying there!
I upgraded the first one, but now am hesitant to do the second one which still is very quiet. (I still need to add them into a parallel setup).
These units sit above some older SMA sunny boys, which are always silent. Has anyone reached out to MPP for an update to slow down the fans again?

Back