diy solar

diy solar

Anyone tried a Kepworth battery?

Viewtiful_Jon

Has anyone tried any Kepworth batteries? The very few videos of them I found are not in English so unsure what to make of them. They are one of the few batteries on Ali Express that will ship to me from within the UK so saves me a lot on import as some of the others I were looking at had delivery costs between £50-£250 which I presume is before the import tax.

They are cheap batteries but I shouldn't need things like the low-temperature charge protection, just want something that works as advertised and is not going to burn the house down.

Obviously with them being on Ali-Express I have some concerns but there is a listing with over 250 sold with a 4.9 rating but was hoping to find someone on here who has successfully used one for a while to confirm their quality. They also appear to have sold on amazon.jp with positive reviews.

Bump. I'm also in Europe and looking at buying Kepworth 12v 100ah on AliExpress.

Price is US$330 for 1.2 kwh. They advertise 50ah charge rate and >5000 cycles.

They ship from locations in Europe, Canada, and the US too. I'm in Poland, and they ship from Poland, so I can avoid all the import complications. Really annoying to buy from non-EU shippers.

For reference, here's one seller that has stock in both USA and Poland: "KEPWORTH Motorcycle LifePO4 Battery Store".

It looks promising, but I can't afford to take the risk. Originally, I was thinking of buying 4x AGM 12v 100ah, because I can source those at US$133 each. But those are only 650 cycles at 50% discharge, compared to >2000 cycles at 80% discharge. Lithium batteries would last so much longer.

Last edited:
Bump. I'm also in Europe and looking at buying Kepworth 12v 100ah on AliExpress.

They ship from locations in Europe, Canada, and the US too. I'm in Poland, and they ship from Poland, so I can avoid all the import complications. Really annoying to buy from non-EU shippers.

For reference, here's one seller that has stock in both USA and Poland: "KEPWORTH Motorcycle LifePO4 Battery Store".

It looks promising, but I can't afford to take the risk. Originally, I was thinking of buying 4x AGM 12v 100ah, because I can source those at US$133 each. But those are only 650 cycles at 50% discharge, compared to >2000 cycles at 80% discharge. Lithium batteries would last so much longer.
if you are in poland, you might be very much better off contacting @Jenny Wu
she has a warehouse in poland

Has anyone tried any Kepworth batteries? The very few videos of them I found are not in English so unsure what to make of them. They are one of the few batteries on Ali Express that will ship to me from within the UK so saves me a lot on import as some of the others I were looking at had delivery costs between £50-£250 which I presume is before the import tax.

They are cheap batteries but I shouldn't need things like the low-temperature charge protection, just want something that works as advertised and is not going to burn the house down.

Obviously with them being on Ali-Express I have some concerns but there is a listing with over 250 sold with a 4.9 rating but was hoping to find someone on here who has successfully used one for a while to confirm their quality. They also appear to have sold on amazon.jp with positive reviews.
I have some Basen Lifpo4 cells here in the UK ready to ship if you're interested

I'm sure theres a video on YouTube about these batteries DC GUY I just watched eco brand he tore down

Hi
Did you go ahead and get a Kepworth battery? If so, I'd be interested in your experiences.

From the teardown I've watched they use 8 x 50ah pouch cells about a foot long. A 100A bms and the USB ports and charge port aren't fused . Capacity wise I think they did OK for a budget battery. If I recall it's a 0.8c test. It's on youtube.

Back