diy solar

diy solar

Anyone tried Graphene lithium iron phosphate 3.2v cells?

I've since been in contact with the seller, and I cannot get a straight answer out of her for anything, cannot confirm stock, cannot confirm terminal configuration. Asked for a data sheet and she sent me a .pdf file in Chinese, and said she didn't have anything in English. She directly avoided serveral repeated questions and has gone dark. I'm sure she's getting pummelled by questions from lurkers from this site, so she may have her hands full right now. It feels a lot like fish bait to me...
Sounds like a pretty bad vendor..... but like you say she may be getting pummeled.

I still would like to know more about the cells. A clueless vendor does not necessarily mean the cells are bad.

Sounds like a pretty bad vendor..... but like you say she may be getting pummeled.

I still would like to know more about the cells. A clueless vendor does not necessarily mean the cells are bad.

Yes, the vendor has a not-so-good rating. I asked a well known Chinese vendor who is a very good communicator, and she told it to me like this:

"Are you asking me if those are genuine? In lithium iron phosphate batteries, graphene is one of the constituent materials, and its proportion is very small."

I guess it's just a marketing method. They're not lying, but they're not really telling the truth when they say "10,000 cycles normal use". What is normal use?

So yesterday I sent out that link to a few other Alibaba vendors, some of which say they are actually major manufacturers like Eve and RJ Energy. Obviously there are some superconductor graphene tech cells out there, and they're very expensive, but all of them said it's not happening at this level yet. Most expressed that the description and 10,000 cycles was way overly optimistic. In concluding, and closing this thread ;) , one put it to me this way; 'That seller is selling 'new graphene LifePO4' cells for less than my new std LifePO4 cells? Those aren't graphene, those aren't even A grade cells, those are B cells.'

Going forward, you're right @FilterGuy we do need to know more about graphene cells, they are amazing, smaller, even tiny, can handle higher current, cooler, lighter, and almost no voltage drop, 10,000 cycles, so no question they will be the future of LifePO technology, but we're not there yet. Lol, if @Will Prowse wants to test these, he can, it would make a good vid to set the score straight if these guys are fakers, but I'm satisfied that these are NOT the real deal.

My 2 cents if detective work:

Graphene lifepo4 cells are more energy dense then regular lifepo4. Quite a lot more, like 20% or so.
That naturally have effect on the size and weight of the cells.

Normal 90Ah cells are about 1.85 kgs
Screenshot_20200503_082611_com.alibaba.intl.android.apps.poseidon.jpg

The magic new cells are 2.0 kgs!!!
(With same lightweight casing)
Only based on the weight, they are selling NOT graphene lifepo4 cells!!!

Screenshot_20200503_082625_com.alibaba.intl.android.apps.poseidon.jpg

Even for normal lifepo4 cells, they are not expensive for 20 USD.
You so need to solder or clamp the busbar on them

Graphene lifepo4 cells are more energy dense then regular lifepo4. Quite a lot more, like 20% or so.

View attachment 12429

View attachment 12430

Good detective work!

View attachment 12429

View attachment 12430

Thanks.....

You're absolutely right Fhorst! They were SO cheap that I was just going to take the risk and try them, however, the seller was so terrible, she never got a quote back to me, never really answered questions. I mean, some of my questions were pointed - 'these are not really graphene cells are they?' She wasn't a very good liar. Can't wait until the real larger graphene cells become economically feasible, they'll be game changers for those of us that are concerned with weight.

I also was tempted to grab 4 of these for testing. I was thinking, "what if they really are graphene."
Interestingly when I asked the seller about the 135AH cells (large, nice looking yellow blocks) and about these; I asked if they are new or used, the seller responded back that the 135AH cells are used, bu the 90AH cells are "brand new with full 90ah capacity."
So it got me thinking, "hey they are volunteering that the 135ah are used and they made no mention of graphene, maybe they don't even realize what they have?" Like a big player dumped them and it's on the spec. sheet and this is just someone moving merch.
But after @fhorst 's findings, seems it was just a clever lie to get some bites. Not worth risking for the 4 cells....
Oh one other thing if anyone cares, I pasted a Korean customer's feedback into google translate (regarding other cells from this seller) and he was upset that his cells had been shipped at 2.5v...
One other thing, the description lists them as having 3C discharge rate, which is ludicrous for graphene cells.

I think you are getting worked up over a simple word error from chinese to english .
Graphene is carbon . All LiFePo4 cells have carbon on one plate . People who don't know call it graphite , others translate that as graphene ...etc.etc. I doubt its really graphine.

Back