diy solar

diy solar

Anyone use a smart/wifi enabled circuit breaker (miniature, in between panels and SCC)

williec

I have a DIN rail mounted mini circuit breaker between my panels and my SCC.
I would love to be able to control that remotely, via wifi, bluetooth, etc.
I see AC variants of this kind of product, but haven't seen any suitable for this PV use case.

Any recommendations for being able to remotely "shut off" panel's DC output to SCC?

Thanks!

Last edited:
It is in a really difficult place to get to. I like to shut off PV input when I am not physically at the property where this system is located.

There are plenty of AC breakers that do what you want. DC, not so much. Or at least not for on the PV side of the system. The few DC remote breakers I found through a quick Google search were rated for no more than 48 volts and that probably won't work.

What about some sort of smart relay that can sit in between the manual disconnect / circuit breaker and the SCC?

For example: solar panel --> circuit breaker --> smart relay --> SCC

If the relay can handle the high voltage involved, that may work. There has been a good amount of discussion lately about DC arcing and how important it is to have quality components that can handle closing/opening a circuit under higher voltage.

Hello,
have a look at GEYA GRD9L-R/C/S/D GYL9 RCCB Recloser combined with DC MCB GEYA GYM9.
They can close remotely, but also open remotely, using -C or -D model combined with a wifi relay (maybe also -S model via Modbus).
Auto-Recloser-catalog.
GRD9L-D1.jpg

recloser-Wiring-Diagram.png

A little bit expensive, but hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back