diy solar

diy solar

Anyone using Lishen 202 AH prismatic cells?

Metalophile

Analytical Chemist
I bought a set of 8 from a US seller on eBay. I know I paid a premium because these were already stateside and took less than a week to arrive, but I'm chomping at the bit to get my solar freezer project off the ground. I'm still currently teleworking which saves me 2 hrs of commute time daily, and not sure how much longer that will last. Gotta work on this while I have the time. These cells look new, and all read 3.28V when I received today. This 48 qt. Cooler will be my battery box. This will be 24V using an Overkill 8S BMS. Now to construct bus bars and 3d print spacers. By the way, the posts are M6 and I think they're stainless as they're mildly magnetic.

Attachments

• IMG_20200723_232038_626.jpg
    IMG_20200723_232038_626.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20200723_232017_323.jpg
    IMG_20200723_232017_323.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 70
Haven't heard of anyone using them, and hadn't even heard of them until a few days ago. I know there is at least one other forum member who just bought some though. Give me a second and I'll dig up who that was.

I just added Lishen to my Lifepo4 Manufacturer index a day or two ago

Terminals look quite sturdy as far aluminum cells go

It was Gazoo I believe theirs are on the slow boat from China so It'll be a while before they receive them.

Haven't ordered yet. Still working on it with billion. I did talk to Steve and will be purchasing the same BMS. But I thought the bolts are M9 according to the spec sheet. Maybe I am not looking at it correctly?

Attachments

• lishen 202ah.pdf
    289.1 KB · Views: 51
Mr. Tim let me know they received the batteries unwrapped. He said the they (billion) wrapped the batteries but it wouldn't look as good as the factory wrapping. I thanked him for his honesty and told him I didn't care as long as the cells are new. I still have some things to go over with him. Attached is a photo I received from him.

Attachments

• 640ae4a6f5292c7d55af801580fc2dd4.jpg
    640ae4a6f5292c7d55af801580fc2dd4.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 92
I bought a set of 8 from a US seller on eBay. I know I paid a premium because these were already stateside and took less than a week to arrive, but I'm chomping at the bit to get my solar freezer project off the ground. I'm still currently teleworking which saves me 2 hrs of commute time daily, and not sure how much longer that will last. Gotta work on this while I have the time. These cells look new, and all read 3.28V when I received today. This 48 qt. Cooler will be my battery box. This will be 24V using an Overkill 8S BMS. Now to construct bus bars and 3d print spacers. By the way, the posts are M6 and I think they're stainless as they're mildly magnetic.

It's possible the ebay seller purchased them from the same company I am looking to get them from. He is using their photo. Yeah stateside is premium but it has it's advantages.

After some back and forth with Mr. Tim I finally placed my order for 8 202ah batteries from Billion. My Chase card went right through as far as I can tell. Payment shows as pending. Still have to have a bit of discussion with Mr. Tim...mainly reminders. Kinda nervous about everything but looking forward to a new project. Next project will be a miniature reactor and I will sell electricity to my neighborhood at discounted rates to pay for it.

So I got the test results for the batteries. The voltages were almost the same. But I am concerned about the internal resistance.

The lowest internal resistance was .613 milliohm and the highest was 1.025 milliohm.

The told me they weld the studs on and they measured on the studs. Should I be concerned? I have a chance to stop shipment.

Gazoo, I'm currently in contact with Mr. Tim as well and considering some of these. They look identical to the cells I got from BLS out of the US but for much cheaper. Mine are M6 studs for what it's worth. I didn't want to wait to get my project going but I don't mind waiting to double the capacity.

Gazoo, I'm currently in contact with Mr. Tim as well and considering some of these. They look identical to the cells I got from BLS out of the US but for much cheaper. Mine are M6 studs for what it's worth. I didn't want to wait to get my project going but I don't mind waiting to double the capacity.

I am waiting to hear back from Mr. Tim. I will say so far he has been up front and honest. He sent me 2 videos testing the batteries. I am concerned about the internal resistance. Will update when I know something.

Reactions: Dzl
So I got the test results for the batteries. The voltages were almost the same. But I am concerned about the internal resistance.

The lowest internal resistance was .613 milliohm and the highest was 1.025 milliohm.

The told me they weld the studs on and they measured on the studs. Should I be concerned? I have a chance to stop shipment.

.30 milliohm It's normal,.613 is too high.

.30 milliohm It's normal,.613 is too high.

It's a shame. The spec sheet does say less than .4 milliohms. Mr. Tim told me they laser weld the posts on. So I am having a hard time thinking these batteries are used. Maybe factory rejects? Anyway I agree the ohm readings are unacceptable. They also sell the 280ah batteries. Not sure what I am going to do but sadly I can't accept the Lishens.

Edit: Deleted the spec sheet as I had already posted it...lol.

Last edited:
When I test my pack, I'll attempt to measure the internal resistance under real world conditions (by testing voltage sag under measured current load). I don't know if I trust internal resistance measurements that some of these vendors make. Under a 100A load a 1.0 milliohm internal resistance should result in a voltage sag of 0.1 volts per cell. So 0.8 volts sag on a 25 volt pack pulling 100A is what I'm trying to measure.

I am attaching one of the two videos he sent me.

Attachments

• Lishen2.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 46
When I test my pack, I'll attempt to measure the internal resistance under real world conditions (by testing voltage sag under measured current load). I don't know if I trust internal resistance measurements that some of these vendors make. Under a 100A load a 1.0 milliohm internal resistance should result in a voltage sag of 0.1 volts per cell. So 0.8 volts sag on a 25 volt pack pulling 100A is what I'm trying to measure.

Someone on ebay is selling these and his measurements are around 1.5 milliohms. I don't know that I trust that measurement either..lol.

I have asked for a refund and Mr. Tim agreed. I simply can not accept the batteries with milliohm readings that high and with the wide range readings.

Having said that I would still highly recommend billion. Mr. Tim replied to all of my messages promptly. Just make sure to check the milliohm readings when they send the videos. The readings should be less than .4 milliohms and should be almost the same for each battery no matter who one orders from.

Back