diy solar

diy solar

Anyone with experience with Lead Carbon batteries such as KiloVault 1800 PLC?

frankypc

Im just curious to see if anyone has installed this type of lead + carbon batteries?

Datasheet wise they look really good

I remember Will making a comment in a video that he didn't like them, but don't remember why and it may have been brand related or mis-marketing information rather than technology related.

If the datasheet is from a U.S. (or other country that has consumer protections) then you're probably okay. If the specs are way off from a solid company (e.g., Trojan) I'd be suspicious.

Trojan says they're best for applications with a partial state of charge: https://www.trojanbattery.com/new-products/smart-carbon/

Thanks Svetz,

I was curious to see if we had members who had used those KiloVault 1800 PLC but i guess if somone is considering a pure lead carbon battery for PSOC apps is probably considering just going straight to lithium as that prob is the end game

I haven't used one, but I'm looking at them. I will likely need the ballast in the boat anyways.

Near as I can tell its a straight upgrade for lead acid but still a lead acid battery. Higher cycle life, efficiency and resistant (but not proof!) to sulfation. The trojan industrial cells with carbon do have a nice looking spec sheet. Probably a last gasp for lead acid batteries. I would be curious what a Plante battery with thick plates and carbon would be like.

Back