diy solar

diy solar

Anyway to Monitor My BMS Settings Remotely

fopoku2k2

Anyone knows a way I can access or monitor my 16s 48v 200A Smart Daly Bluetooth BMS remotely?

I've set up a tablet or old decomm'd smartphone before on my home network, with BMS monitoring or any desired app installed on it (device rooted, in my case), so I could install VNC Server on it (gives terminal server, like Remote Desktop feature), then using Dyn-DNS (if you have a dynamic DHCP public IP) in combo with Open VPN server on my home router, so I can connect using Open VPN client into my home network gateway from anywhere, then I can use VNC client from either my smartphone, or VNC client from a remote laptop (using Open VPN Client connection), I can remote into the tablet or smartphone and control it like I was there... My home router is a Linksys WRT1200AC, and it supports Dyn-DNS account, and Open VPN Server...

NOTE: If your ISP doesn't offer public IPs, then in many cases you can have them set up a static NAT/port forward to route a port from their Internet Public IP to your private WAN IP to allow connection to your listening Open VPN port. But I've found that most ISPs offer public WAN IPs now. If they will give you a static public IP, then you don't need Dyn-DNS, only need that if your public WAN IP changes (is on DHCP), then Dyn-DNS allows it to auto-update the IP when it changes, so you can just access your VPN using a Dyn-DNS assigned hostname...

Last edited:
Oh ok. Unfortunately my ISP doesn't offer port forwarding.

I'll try and see if I can do this with TeamViewer

Yeah, let us know how things work out, if you need any further help brainstorming ideas in getting it done in a simple way :geek:

I simply have an ancient netbook running at my off grid cabin attached to my mobile cellular router (Peplink), and I use Google Chrome to remote into that netbook from anywhere. Don't mess any longer with a VPN or dynamic IP updater, etc. Less to go wrong means easier setup and longer "up" time.

TeamViewer works well for me with a headless NUC. I have also used wireguard on Raspberry Pi (better performance than open VPN). But I set up the wireguard full tunnel for my sister so she can watch blacked out events.

Back