diy solar

diy solar

Are Daly's still the best BMS's around?. 16Cells @24V Battery Bank.

Basically looks good.
The 2424 Inverter can pull 100A for 2400W & 200A for 4800W surge rate, possibly more.
Here's a bit of a revision.
Shunt Placement Notes:
- Between Bus Bar & Inverter will give "whole system" view of energy in/out for a status monitor.
- Between Bus Bar & Battery Pack will give energy in/out to that specific battery pack.
Switch is highly recommended, to enable quick manual disconnection of battery bank to equipment.
24V to 12V out if you wish to use a Stepdown Converter for 12V devices ❗ Place an INLINE Fuse rated for the Converter Amp Requirements.
Fuses ! Must never forget them. They should be rated relative to max loads anticipated from inverter. 150/175A would likely be quite sufficient.

BMS: I just used the same basic type like a Daly. Always choose a BMS such as this with a larger capacity than anticipated. Generally a minimum of 20% larger is better to allow for "elbow room" and safety, best not to take these to maximum limits. There is nothing wrong with having a higher Amp BMS and this can also afford a high charging rate generally as well. There are many good FET Based BMS' which do not require extra relays or extra work, as noted there are many options for user interfaces, management and so on, these are personal choices you have to make for yourself. Do consider that a BMS with balancing options and configurability can enhance performance and reliability and can help you be aware of issues before they become a problem or cause havoc (which is always costly & potentially dangerous). IF you can get a 24V/200A BMS with the features you would like to make use of, that would be the best option.

Hope it helps.
Have a Great Day !
Steve

View attachment 9466
Are you using a common or a seperate port BMS? And why did you choose the one you did?
Gary

Are you using a common or a seperate port BMS? And why did you choose the one you did?
Gary
My configuration is Common DC Bus with Inverter/Charger & SCC and the BMS' I use are Chargery BMS8T's which are not like the Daly types. Look in my signature for some more details. The About my System is a tad out of date at the moment as things are in transition / evolution to pure LFP.

Back