diy solar

diy solar

are these 280ah cells worth this price??

carbon RV pilot

ive been searching for tests and experience with 280ah cells but havent found much so far, ive seen will respond to some comments saying he has some 280ah cells on the way for him to test. l checked group buys but everything seems so far from ordered and im ready to pull the trigger and start building a system, ive read some threads saying they waited months so far and alibaba and aliexpress are questionable but i see will does recommend buys from them so im getting confused with all the hype.
but this looks like a good deal and i wanted to see what you experienced guys see in this deal.... it dont actually say grade a b or c cells but they appear to be new, 4x 280ah cells for $529 shipped to PA and shipping says 25-30 days with 5 days prep time. THANKS FOR ANY INPUT!!
3.2v 280ah Lifepo4 Battery Cell Prismatic Lithium Ion Batteries For Power Solar System Ev 280ah With Busbar And Bolts - Buy Lifepo4 Battery,Lifepo4,Lifepo4 Cell Product on Alibaba.com

but this looks like a good deal and i wanted to see what you experienced guys see in this deal....
I have not heard or had any experience with that vendor. I have had good experience with Amy at Shenzhen Luyuan and several others. My last purchase of LF280 cells was with Amy. Search the forum for others. The price you posted is $1.47 per kWh delivered and all my purchases have been below that.

are these 280Ah cells worth the price
Its not a bad price, but its not a great price either. The seller is unknown. If it were me, I would go with a known seller. On the other hand every seller of these cells was new to us at some point in the last year.

l checked group buys but everything seems so far from ordered and im ready to pull the trigger and start building a system, ive read some threads saying they waited months so far and alibaba and aliexpress are questionable but i see will does recommend buys from them so im getting confused with all the hype.
Aliexpress and Alibaba are marketplaces (like Ebay or to an extent Amazon, but with less buyer protection). So its not really about trusting Alibaba or Aliexpress, its more about the individual resellers.

As for the group buy, I might be mistaken, but at this point I don't think its like a traditional group but. I believe orders are being put in on a rolling basis. It does take a long time to receive your cells, they ship by sea, and sometimes don't ship for weeks.

but this looks like a good deal and i wanted to see what you experienced guys see in this deal.... it don't actually say grade a b or c cells but they appear to be new,
All grades refer to new cells, resellers rarely explictitly state cell grade and when they do almost never acknowledge anything other than A grade or at worst A-. The EVE cells and many other grey market cells have a high probability of being B grade (that translates roughly to "does not meet one or more specifications or did not pass all aspects of QA, but is considered usable for some applications"). While I think cell grade can be a useful thing to know, I don't find it very useful to know what resellers claim cell grade is, unless they are acknowledging something other than A grade.

I have not heard or had any experience with that vendor. I have had good experience with Amy at Shenzhen Luyuan and several others. My last purchase of LF280 cells was with Amy. Search the forum for others. The price you posted is $1.47 per kWh delivered and all my purchases have been below that.

i remember reading a tread saying dealing with amy went well, ill search more! thanks
Its not a bad price, but its not a great price either. The seller is unknown. If it were me, I would go with a known seller. On the other hand every seller of these cells was new to us at some point in the last year.

Aliexpress and Alibaba are marketplaces (like Ebay or to an extent Amazon, but with less buyer protection). So its not really about trusting Alibaba or Aliexpress, its more about the individual resellers.

As for the group buy, I might be mistaken, but at this point I don't think its like a traditional group but. I believe orders are being put in on a rolling basis. It does take a long time to receive your cells, they ship by sea, and sometimes don't ship for weeks.

All grades refer to new cells, resellers rarely explictitly state cell grade and when they do almost never acknowledge anything other than A grade or at worst A-. The EVE cells and many other grey market cells have a high probability of being B grade (that translates roughly to "does not meet one or more specifications or did not pass all aspects of QA, but is considered usable for some applications"). While I think cell grade can be a useful thing to know, I don't find it very useful to know what resellers claim cell grade is, unless they are acknowledging something other than A grade.
ahh, i thought only grade A meant new. thanks ill do more research.

i remember reading a tread saying dealing with amy went well, ill search more! thanks

ahh, i thought only grade A meant new. thanks ill do more research.
You could also get a quote from Michael's group buy thread. It's active and as @Dzl indicated, it's a rolling group buy. I think Michael can get EVE cells but they cost more than Lishens. Lishen cells are rated at 272ah and so far they have met or exceeded their capacity with the limited testing that's been done. Grade A cells are substantially more expensive at 2 to 2.5 times the cost and IMO are not worth it. I get a total of 272ah's or 97% capacity form the EVE cells I bought in the group buy.

Here ya go:

How Grade A and Grade B cells Happen​

How to Distinguish Grade A and Grade B Cells​

that was very helpful.... thanks!
You could also get a quote from Michael's group buy thread. It's active and as @Dzl indicated, it's a rolling group buy. I think Michael can get EVE cells but they cost more than Lishens. Lishen cells are rated at 272ah and so far they have met or exceeded their capacity with the limited testing that's been done. Grade A cells are substantially more expensive at 2 to 2.5 times the cost and IMO are not worth it. I get a total of 272ah's or 97% capacity form the EVE cells I bought in the group buy.
i just left a request in the group buy thread you posted, thanks for the help!

Can you share a link to Shenzen Luyuan?

Can you share a link to Shenzen Luyuan?
Here is the thread and I think there is a link to their Alibaba site. I communicate with Amy via the Alibaba Messenger process because it translates to Chinese for Amy.

that was very helpful.... thanks!

i just left a request in the group buy thread you posted, thanks for the help!
Send Michael a private message . That is the fastest way and that way he can keep track of your specific message string. Just ordered some earlier this weekend from him. Note due to Chinese New Year holidays nothing is going out of China right now...

Back