diy solar

diy solar

Are these good LiFePo4 batteries - Lossigy?

From the reviews on Amazon the rating is high and the reviews very positive this is a clear indication that these are good batteries .

Reactions: Mia
From the reviews on Amazon the rating is high and the reviews very positive this is a clear indication that these are good batteries .
Mostly. If you look at the one and two star reviews, there are some claimed problems of early failure

OTOH, the mfr says in response to one question "With regard to the contact with customers you mentioned, I can't contact him due to Amazon's confidentiality agreement with the buyer. To this end, we tried many ways to get in touch with customers, but in the end we failed.

Trying to decide if 60% of the cost of SOK is worth taking the risk of DOA or "early mortality" that the vendor will not cover even though they claim 5 yr warranty (and sometimes 10 yrs depending where you look).

One option is to purchase with a deluxe credit card that includes buyer protection. But does that work through Amazon to a third party? Citi Visa says yes.

Last edited:
"Hi, I am very interested in your batteries and am curious whether they are comparable in quality to SOK. Also concerned about "dead on arrival" or "early mortality."

For example, this review is not reassuring when making such a large purchase: "The item was delivered on April 7 2021 and has stopped working and is now unable to be returned." Can you give me some information on how you handle these situations? Thank you, John

"Hello John,

All types of batteries sold by LOSSIGY are UL certified. I believe, our battery is comparable to SOK. The difference between our battery and SOK is that the batteries sold by LOSSIGY do not have low-temp cutoffs. To solve this issue, you can use a low temperature cut-off charger.

About your concerns.

1. About "dead on arrival" or "early mortality." We will do our best to solve the question for you. If you want to return or exchange. We also offer prepaid labels. You don't have to pay shipping.

2. If you encounter battery question, you can contact us at any time, our team will provide solutions until you are satisfied. We need to explain: that customer did not contact us, and our message to her went unanswered.

Note:

Our after-sales warranty takes effect once purchased, and promises as follows:

1. The product can be replaced free of charge within three months after the product is sold, under the premise of non-artificial damage. We pay for shipping.

2. The warranty period is five years. During the warranty period, if any product is damaged or damaged if used according to the instructions, we will provide free repair service. In addition to the warranty days, we continue to provide lifetime maintenance services mainly for the power supply and some core components.

3. Even within the warranty period, if the following conditions occur, a certain maintenance fee will be charged.

A. Malfunction and damage caused by improper use, unauthorized repair or modification.

B. The bay is damaged by fire, flood, abnormal voltage and other natural disasters.

C. Failure and damage caused by other obstacles (human factors or external equipment).

4. Maintenance after the warranty period, we provide maintenance for the product: power supply and BMS, and only charge for these parts.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us. We will reply you within 12 hours and solve the question.

LOSSIGY customer service personnel - Lisa

==
Free repair service: Does that mean they swap out bad cells? Is that possible when the other cells have been used?

Reactions: Mia
The above is somewhat reassuring but the Will Prowse teardown of third or fourth tier (my term) LiPo's shows the risks of going too cheap:

Has anyone used the Lossigy LiFePO4 12V200Ah (2560Wh) battery?

It comes with a built in 100A BMS, and looks solidly built.

Amazon has them for sale in a singular, dual, or a groupings of 4 for these batteries. At $3,499.99 for the 4 pack, it seems far more economical than it should (4 batteries combined = 10,240Wh). About 10KWh of LiFePo4 storage @ $3.5k = 1000Wh @ $350.

For comparison - a 12V100Ah Battleborn battery [1/8 of this solution] on Amazon costs $949, or the purchase of 8 Battle Borns to build a similar storage would be $7,592.00

My problems right now? Zero reviews. Sold by the Junson Bty Store through Amazon which appears to be a Chinese company, and I worry about buying essentially Chinese junk.

View attachment 35744
Has anyone compare with other brand like Dakata,Renogy,Aperetime?

Has anyone compare with other brand like Dakata,Renogy,Aperetime?

Check out the Powerurus 200Ah. 200A BMS, Bluetooth app (very useful), low/high temp protection, etc. MUCH better build quality. I paid $730USD, after a $20 coupon. No tax, free shipping and they even had a deal for a nice free 10A charger. Will Prowse reviewed this last year and said it’s better than any other budget battery at a price only a bit more than the bottom budget brands.

Their customer service has been excellent as they’ve answered the dozen or so questions I’ve asked.

Currently it’s the top pick for a budget lithium battery on Will’s website.

It’s performing perfectly. My only gripe is the case for the 200Ah is fairly large, I think they could’ve made it smaller.

Dakota and Renogy are overpriced as far as I’ve researched. Ampertime is a good deal bus a measly 100A BMS. I think the Powerurus is the best bang for the buck.

Back