diy solar

diy solar

Are these panels and batteries compatible

Mister Mike

I ordered these from AliExpress and hopefully will arrive soon:

NEW 4pcs 3.2v 280ah Lifepo4 Rechargeable Battery Lithium Iron Phosphate Solar Cell 12v 24v 280ah Grade A Lifepo4 Cell Tax Free​

Today I spotted these solar panels and since I thought they were a great deal and they were almost sold out I went ahead and ordered them. I have 8 hours to cancel the order if I made a mistake. Can these panels be used with the batteries I have coming?

Thanks for your advise.
Mike

Link to the batteries seller?
Which panel dd you order?
The ad looks real misleading regarding to the Wattage of the panel.
I would not buy stuff from WISH..

It wants me to sign up to look at the panel, not going to sign up for that.

2* 400W 18V 800W Solar Panel Solar Module for 12V 24V Charge Battery Boat RV Trailer Camper Marine Home Roof Off Grid 25 Year Shelf Life​

Features: Solar Panel system Ideal for bonding to the roof - no need for drilling Strong side support for small and large solar panels Great for motorhomes, campervans, caravans, lorries, buses, boats and yachts Can also be used on flat roofs of buildings, sheds, garages or other flat surfaces Specification: Pmax(Power at Maximum under STC) :400W Imp(Current at Max Power, A): 5.55A Vmp(Voltage at Max Power, V): 18V Voc(Voltage at Open Circuit, V): 21.6 V Isc(Current at Short Circuit,A): 6.06 A Output Tolerance: ±3% Max System Voltage : 1000V DC(IEC)/600V DC (UL) Diode: 2 By Pass Junction Box: IP67 Rated Temperature range: -20℃-+80℃ Frame: Heavy & Solid Aluminum Alloy Kind of Glass: 3.2mm Tempered glass Output Cable: 2.5mm²/14AWG 90mm/3.54" Dimensions: 1160*530*25mm STC:Irradiance 1000w/m² Temperature 25℃ AM=1.5 Max power should be tested in sunning weather 12:00-14:00am,no Shelter and Sun vertical angle.

It's a SCAM! And how much do they want for TWO 400W panels?
Vmp of 18V, Imp of 5.55A = 100W.

Dimension alone is joke for 400W panel: Dimensions: 1160 (45.67 inch*530 (20.87 inch)*25mm (0.98 inch).
I doubt that the seller even know how to read the spec of the Solar panel and knows what he is selling.

Last edited:
I definitively provided the answer in post #2.

Everything on Wish is pure shit.

It sucks trying to figure this out. Here's Wills diagram.
Can I follow this or are changes needed since I have a 280Ah battery bank coming and the diagram shows a 200Ah battery bank?
Thanks for your help, Mike
Good decision! I wonder how many people fall for that ripoff deal.

Back