diy solar

diy solar

Are these the same? VOC Temperature Coefficient C° and Temperature coefficient of PMAX

And I will have maxed the Classic 150 at 12 panels & 48 volts, 4380 watts which gives me about 10% over paneling for our normal consumption.12 rec365 48v.JPG

Am I thinking clearly or not so much?

Here I go again. ?
Trying to interpret the terminology from the Manufacturer so I can enter it correctly in the MidNite Classic Sizing Tool.

The tool wants me to enter this number:
VOC Temperature Coefficient C°
(Default is -0.33%)

The manufacturer offers this number:
Temperature Coefficient Of Voc -(80±10)mV/°C

NewpowaKRAPnos.JPG

MidNite's "Default" of -0.33% and the manufacturer's -0.08% seem miles apart.

The manufacturer uses the same numbers for every panel they make, whether it's 10watts or 200watts. Could the numbers be correct?
NewpowaCoefficientnos.JPG

Did I enter it correctly in the picture below?
The resulting temperature seems outrageous.

8 panels 24v 2 strings of 4 results.JPG

You have switched to much lower voltage panels: 20.23V. 4 in series is only 81V vs. 150V limit.

That panel manufacturer uses a different convention. They're not using a %, they're using absolute voltage. -.08V/°C. So if it's 10°C cooler, the panel is 0.8V higher.

.08V/20.23Voc = .39% - close enough to 0.33% for me as a sanity check

You have switched to much lower voltage panels: 20.23V. 4 in series is only 81V vs. 150V limit.

That panel manufacturer uses a different convention. They're not using a %, they're using absolute voltage. -.08V/°C. So if it's 10°C cooler, the panel is 0.8V higher.

.08V/20.23Voc = .39% - close enough to 0.33% for me as a sanity check
Thanks, and Yep, I'm on plan "C" now.
Writing another thread at the moment for the folks at the playground (Beginners Corner).

Back