diy solar

diy solar

Assistance with building first Solar Array

It looks like you've planned it well. 5s2p should work for you. Why wait to install them all? Do the first 5s string, then tie the second one in. Use em!
Hah! Because I want to make sure the overage of the winter months won't kill the system.

Hah! Because I want to make sure the overage of the winter months won't kill the system.
From what i understand, a 25% increase is the most you'd see. i dont have a reference for that. just repeating what one of the credible folks here said. they didnt provide a reference either.

Hey everyone, I hope you're all having a good Halloween! My project is moving forward, I've recieved some batteries to start building my system, The MPPT, Panels, and cabling. I am now looking at how to mount the panels to the roof of my barn.

I saw JerryRigEverything's video Here. The only problem is that he doesn't link the bracket in his video description, and that looks like its basically what I need. I just need to use more of them, spaced closer because I live in a high wind area, where you have 70 mph winds, sometimes up to 90mph (Though not too often.)

Anyone know a good solution to mount the panels to the roof?

Bracket.JPG

Hey everyone, I hope you're all having a good Halloween! My project is moving forward, I've recieved some batteries to start building my system, The MPPT, Panels, and cabling. I am now looking at how to mount the panels to the roof of my barn.

I saw JerryRigEverything's video Here. The only problem is that he doesn't link the bracket in his video description, and that looks like its basically what I need. I just need to use more of them, spaced closer because I live in a high wind area, where you have 70 mph winds, sometimes up to 90mph (Though not too often.)

Anyone know a good solution to mount the panels to the roof?

View attachment 70911
you could try using unistrut or superstrut

Back