diy solar

diy solar

Assistance with Renogy 2000W Inverter Charger shutting down

Is not the renogy a few steps down VS xantrex?
Yes, but I'm looking for a larger unit with hard wire connections and my Xantrex doesn't have that. A few points of efficiency don't matter and I've had no problems with the Renogy CC I have. I've since decided to go with discrete components rather than the IC and I'll look for a 3000w inverter.

I am not sure in your case, but I have a 900 watt microwave that hates my 2000 watt inverter that is a different brand. I think it surges quite a bit. The very short surges are hard to capture on equipment. My setup could run a 13,000 BTU ac rooftop so I suspect it had more to do with the microwave itself.
I thought of your post when I tested my reworked system last weekend. I put in a 2200W Giandel Inverter, GoPower transfer switch and replaced all of the 2 AWG (4 AWGx2) with 2/0 AWG. Also traded out the 250 amp breaker for an 250 ANL fuse.

The air conditioner worked fine at both the low and high setting 1,200 vs. 1,400 watts. The darn High Pointe so called 900 watt microwave still cut out at 1,600 watts. Lesson, it just hates inverters! Thanks so much for the post, my wife and I would rather have boondock air conditioning than a microwave anyway.

I thought of your post when I tested my reworked system last weekend. I put in a 2200W Giandel Inverter, GoPower transfer switch and replaced all of the 2 AWG (4 AWGx2) with 2/0 AWG. Also traded out the 250 amp breaker for an 250 ANL fuse.

The air conditioner worked fine at both the low and high setting 1,200 vs. 1,400 watts. The darn High Pointe so called 900 watt microwave still cut out at 1,600 watts. Lesson, it just hates inverters! Thanks so much for the post, my wife and I would rather have boondock air conditioning than a microwave anyway. I

Just bought a new 3000 watt pure sine inverter, we'll see if that'll take care of the microwave. I just thought it was ironic that running the AC has always been portrayed as the hardest part... Apparently not so hard to do, just need the battery/ solar capacity. The dang cheapo microwave on the other hand (shrug)

Just bought a new 3000 watt pure sine inverter, we'll see if that'll take care of the microwave. I just thought it was ironic that running the AC has always been portrayed as the hardest part... Apparently not so hard to do, just need the battery/ solar capacity. The dang cheapo microwave on the other hand (shrug)
Please let me know if it works with the 3000 watt version. Thanks!

I could run the microwave on the 2000w PSW. It also runs on the 3000w but I just did a quick test. I'll stick something in it and heat it to check.

I have the 3000w unit that just shuts down using a heat gun. The draw is 1600w no beeping now warning nothing just restarts. The Air-conditioner connected to the same battery does not shutdown

I returned the Renogy 3000w I/C and bought the 3000w Renogy PSW inverter. I used it on our winter travels. We boondock about 2/3 of the trip. I ran it almost to the full 3000w with no issues.

Did the 3000 watt PSW inverter ever work for you?

Back