Astronergy 325w Solar Panel pallet 30X , $3,300

lolailando

Solar Enthusiast

Shipping to many States is aprox $450 per pallet.

We are also planning a few trips in different directions and can deliver with our trailer if it is a few pallets for cheaper, just send a mesage.

Astronergy CHSM6612P-325​

This are PERC panels, so they show as polycrystaline, but this is a completly different method that the old poly panels, these are high end productione units you can read about all the new types of silicon productions here: https://www.cleanenergyreviews.info/blog/most-efficient-solar-panels
Please do not get hangup on the word "poly-si", they are PERC silicon production, and 5BB cells; and you get so many more watts for your dollar per panel, yearly, and on the lifecycle of the panels which is what really matters at the end of the day.
These are fantastic panels with fantastic warranty, low light irradiance, PID resistance etc...see attached brochure. Tens of thousands of these panels installed in Solar Farms in NY, see attached pics, you know they are good quality when chosen for commercial applications by the tens of thousands.

DC Electrical Characteristics​

• STC Power Rating 325W
  • PTC Power Rating 296.6 Wp
  • STC Power per unit of area 15.6W/ft2 (168.0W/m2)
  • Peak Efficiency 16.8%
  • Power Tolerances 0%/+3%
  • Number of Cells 72
  • Imp 8.77A
  • Vmp 37.11V
  • Isc 9.48A
  • Voc 45.67V
  • NOCT 46±2°C
  • Temp. Coefficient of Isc +0.050%/K
  • Temp. Coefficient of Power - 0.408%/K
  • Temp. Coefficient of Voltage - 0.311%/K
  • Series Fuse Rating 15A
  • Maximum System Voltage 1000V

Mechanical Characteristics​

• Type Polycrystalline Silicon
  • Output Terminal Type Multicontact Connector Type 4
  • Output Cable Wire Gauge 12 AWG
  • Output Cable Wire Type PV Wire
  • Output Cable Wire Length 45.3in (1,150mm)
  • Frame Color Clear
  • Backsheet Color White
  • Length 76.9in (1,954mm)
  • Width 39in (990mm)
  • Depth 1.6in (40mm)
  • Weight 51.8lb (23.5kg)

Attachments

• solar farm 3.jpg
    solar farm 3.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 9
  • solar farm 2.jpg
    solar farm 2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 5
  • solar farm.jpg
    solar farm.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Astroenergy 2.jpg
    Astroenergy 2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

RobertGreen

Solar Addict
Astronergy CHSM6612P-325
So, I'm looking at their specification sheet for this model, and a lot of the specs don't line up with what you have posted above.
Do you have an alternative spec sheet, or where is the discrepancy coming from? For one thing the temp coefficient of voltage is more than double what you specify according to the manufacturer

lolailando

Solar Enthusiast
Hi Robert.
I copied and pasted from a website selling them, they were listed in Kelvin versus the datasheet in Celsius.
The the temp coefficient of voltage in the datasheet is - 0.311%/°C as a percentage of C. I am not that familiar with this coeficient since it is open circuit which it is basically a non usable parameter as far as I know. I listed "Temp. Coefficient of Power -0.41%/K" the data sheet shows " - 0.408%/°C" which it is standard when listing two instead of three decimals. The temp coefficient of power is what we use to calculate temp output difference, but thank you for the catch.
I will edit the post tonite.
Meanwhile here is the datasheet at manufacturer website: . I will also post the label behind the panels just in case.

These are overordered panels from a 20megawatt solar farm, new never installed

lolailando

Solar Enthusiast
So, I'm looking at their specification sheet for this model, and a lot of the specs don't line up with what you have posted above.
Do you have an alternative spec sheet, or where is the discrepancy coming from? For one thing the temp coefficient of voltage is more than double what you specify according to the manufacturer

Thank you Robert, I have edited the post to show the voltage ratings stated in the label on the back of the panels, which I have posted also. I have linked the data sheet and edited the temp coefficients on the post.

RobertGreen

Solar Addict
I believe the open circuit voltage temperature coefficient comes into play when you're dealing with the voltage rise of the panels in the morning when it's very cold out; the voltage could potentially rise enough to cause issues with your equipment if you specced the panels very close to the maximum OC voltage of the gear. It's a niche issue for sure, but thanks for the update.

lolailando

Solar Enthusiast
I believe the open circuit voltage temperature coefficient comes into play when you're dealing with the voltage rise of the panels in the morning when it's very cold out; the voltage could potentially rise enough to cause issues with your equipment if you specced the panels very close to the maximum OC voltage of the gear. It's a niche issue for sure, but thanks for the update.
Thanks a lot for the explanation, i learnt something new. Had never heard of it.

lolailando

Solar Enthusiast
Are these panels your best value for new solar panels or do you have something else worth considering?
These are the only NEW panels I have in quantity at a discount price; these are the commercial version "HV" for High Voltage as can handle up to 1500 volts in series which it is unusual for residential but great for solar farms, not that you probably need it but for the peace of mind that these panels are quality above the rest. There are thousands and thousands of these panels installed in NY solar farms (see pics), this fact alone should show that if the engineers aproved to install 40,000 of these panels instead of others is because they trust in their reliability. Some people get obsess with the thermal coefficient that will make a 4-5% difference in the output a few hours a few days in the summer while they could install 20-50% more panels at this price and get way much more output on a yearly basis. These also have great low light irradiance which helps with the cloudy and winter days. 5BB cells, PERC silicon, these are a great product and a super deal at these price. Please look at the brochure in the link: http://www.astronergy.com/attch/product/STAVE_CHSM6612P_40mm frame_201801.pdf

Attachments

• solar farm - Copy.jpg
    solar farm - Copy.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 4
  • solar farm 2.jpg
    solar farm 2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 4
  • solar farm 3 - Copy.jpg
    solar farm 3 - Copy.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 4