diy solar

diy solar

At this point... if you are buying From Alibaba/Aliexpress you deserve what you get.

Alkaline

Solar Wizard
Wow just saw Will Prowse Latest video, even he got PUFF PASTRY 300Ah probably form a wrecked bus. I'm guessing the refurb CATL 300s.

SAD.

So yeah, if you are buying from Aliababa / Express you deserve what you get.

Come to think of it, has anyone opened up a CHINS battery? What type of cells were in it? Where the refurb CATL the ones with FAKE QR code to the side?

Gosh, this is so tough. I tell everyone to avoid the cheap listings, but I still love buying them :LOL:. It is so cheap, and sometimes I get really lucky. Even my "grade b" puff pastry packs will still work fine. Even the low quality packs from months ago had some nice cells inside that I used in other projects.

The problem is when 95%+ of people get good cells from a listing. Then someone comes on the forum saying that their cells from that listing are garbage. I don't know what to say. I know there is some risk, but you really have no clue where these cells come from.

I think people's expectations are a bit high when they purchase from the cheapest lifepo4 listings on the internet. Sometimes it bothers me that people get disappointed, but then again, I still purchase from them. Most of the time, I am pretty happy with what I receive. If I find something wrong, I usually get my money back, or a majority of it.

So Alkaline, what vendor do you recommend?

I don't I think you are an idiot if you buy loose cells but you are taking a big gamble, the cat is out of the bag and the word on the China Market these American fools will buy everything.

I'm telling you all these floods happening, these electric busses...

Will I saw your video, I'm surprised you took the results with basically "meh" type reaction...

Personally I would be furious, like I would book a flight to china and ram those batts up the sellers butt furious.

This sucks, I AM DONE. You all can keep gambling your money with this.

ONLY buy on amazon or ebay with a USA return address.

Will I saw your video, I'm surprised you took the results with basically "meh" type reaction...

Personally I would be furious, like I would book a flight to china and ram those batts up the sellers butt furious.

This sucks, I AM DONE. You all can keep gambling your money with this.

ONLY buy on amazon or ebay with a USA return address.
I just ordered grade A from American warehouse but they cost a lot. And my grade b are working fine. I don't know, it's up to you. Some people like cheap and make it work. Some like to spend a lot.

I think you should spend more money so you don't have this problem again.

I test everything and I find garbage all the time. After waiting 32 hours for the tests to complete, I just wanted to focus on other videos. I guess I could have gotten more mad. Ahh well.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on what you are installing the batteries into. If it's an RV I'd me more concerned about the quality of it than the batteries I was buying. The 280's I got from Exliporc are fine as are the 150's I got thru Caro. My fifth wheel cost me about 60x the cost of the batteries and I'm always fixing something on it :ROFLMAO:

Your OP blanket statement isn't the case for 100% of batteries people have bought, maybe 5%

So no gambling buying stuff from Amazon or Ebay?
Or buy from US company like this one?

I would say you can gamble on ebay and amazon, but do it in 30 days or less and be ready to Hit the return button. It is worth paying the extra price. Sorry but I wouldn't even trust Luyuan at this point. Not worth the wait or hassle.

NOTE: Last year at this time I would have said something different, but back then we were getting 280s shipped to our door for under 430.00 That is not the case any more, now its like 650, and anyone selling the 450 is basically selling junk.

I think what we need to learn here is that ALibaba / Aliexpress = YOUR ON YOUR OWN. There is no returns, the sellers have perfected the bait & switch. Here is why:

1) They know majority of the people that buy these won't know the difference, they don't have testing equipment.

2) Even if they do find a problem Alibaba & Aliexpress will always side with the seller, the only time they will side with you is if the shipment is lost.

3) Remember you should always pay with credit card, but federal law only requires card holders to provide 60 days to file a dispute, any longer and its up to the card issuer to decide. NOTE: You keep filling charge backs and your credit card company will come a point where they aren't going to agree with you as its costing them too much to have you as a customer so they will start denying your claims. You will have to get a new card.

4) Lastly, Lastly even with a successful credit card charge back, the seller is going to require you to send them the items back, this is where you are gonna feel the pain. REAL PAIN. Now you have to find out a carrier that is going to send the cells back, you also have to mark them as UN3481 the hazmat, wait to you find the price. HA more than what you paid for the cells!

NOTE: Not only this, be prepared to have the seller demand you PAY import tariffs into China, makes NO FLIPPING SENSE at all! The damn cells were made in CHINA??!!

Finally all said and done, you may have won, but you really lost.

5) BONUS PAIN: This is a good one, really is.... Ok so now you bought from eBay or Amazon or Aliexpress/Baba from a USA seller that ships from a USA warehouse, paid the higher price. You get the cells but they are bad cells! So you are thinking OK, I'll file a return... Then you get told, you have to send the item BACK TO CHINA! HAHAHA :mad::(:cry: and if you don't NO REFUND! You see, just because you there were sent from a USA warehouse doesn't mean you get to return them back to the USA.

With all of this knowledge, Chinese sellers are in the perfect position to plunder, SURE SURE they will sell to a view youtubers, and initial buyers to get the word out they have legit stuff. But as soon as the mass orders start coming in its party time, send them every piece of crap we have in new fresh blue wrapping.

NOT FREAKING WORHT IT! Stick with battleborns, or if you are going to buy Raw Cells BUY THEM FROM WITH IN THE USA, WITH A USA RETURN ADDRESS.

I have been reading these forums for a year. I HAVE NEVER READ A STORY WHERE someone was able to return cells to China and get a refund it has always been, you take a discount and shut up.

At my age, 70 and my location, a primitive island in the middle of Central America and living off a pension I’m fairly risk averse for the first time in my life. I spent a little more and went with Amy at Shenzhen Luyuan who had a 200ah 48v battery built for me. I could have built it myself but anything I might need on the way is unobtanium here. This battery should last most of the life I have left. If I still had my old job making very good money I’d be tempted to see how cheap I could build too, because really. $500 of possibly bad batteries is less than a weekend getaway and if they work, Bonus! For many this is a hobby like road racing, sailing or any number of pastimes.
The adage You get what you pay for is often a valid one. There are many testimonials for the best sellers. They generally charge more because they put more effort in what they sell.. It‘s all a risk. You can minimize risk by only patronizing a reputable seller or be like some here who enjoy seeing how low you can go and still get a good product.
Some friends and I once bought 50 bottles of wine from a 99 cent store in hopes of finding a jewel, long before 2 Buck Chuck. They were all horrible. But we had fun trying.

Last edited:
You find things on Ali you can find no where else. You can get your company‘s logo put on just about anything for one. So much more of a variety.

If you are buying from a reputable seller for a lot of these things, I bet they came from Ali to start.

I wish it were otherwise. A lot of my money is going straight to China. I wish the US could manufacture like that.

That's a whole lot of assumptions and generalizations my man.

Tons of happy customers buying from good sellers.
AliExpress is a fairy tale for cheap electronic gadgets — unbelievable low prices and a broad selection for tinkerers around the world. Power electronics is another story. When we’re dealing with stuff that routes hundreds of amps, the half-assed engineering and Q/A found in most of these Chinese products just doesn’t cut it. People like Will Prowse try to point out the good products and batteries and my hat’s off to them for that spirit of service. But the Chinese marketplace is like a flowing river and what was good last week might be crap today. In this age of material shortages and rising production costs, Chinese sellers have little incentive to maintain or improve quality. Their focus and goal is to keep the hamster wheel turning and fill those shipping containers.

I will buy a $5 PWM board from Ali, but when it comes to a $100 power supply or a LFP battery, I’ll stick with a seller that ships domestically and offers me a warranty that means something.

I will never buy domestic because i live in sweden. The prices are just outrageous here. I bought 37 kwh of lifepo4 and 5 x daly bms for sround 5500 USD.

I would get 4 or 5 drop in 12v 100ah batteries for that money in sweden. There are no stores for lifepo cells as far as I know here. Seen one online store for china cells but everything costed 2 to 3 times more and they did not stock cells so 3 months delivery LOL.

Last edited:
WOW,
These guys got hit the hardest OMG:

TRASH! Look they even have mud on them! Fresh from the flooded buss and into the hands of westerners who will buy anything.

I will never buy domestic because i live in sweden. The prices are just outrageous here. I bought 37 kwh of lifepo4 and 5 x daly bms for sround 5500 USD.

I would get 4 or 5 drop in 12v 100ah batteries for that money in sweden. There are no stores for lifepo cells as far as I know here. Seen one online store for china cells but everything costed 2 to 3 times more and they did not stock cells so 3 months delivery LOL.

There are only a few reputable sources for cells here in Europe. One of them is GWL - cost of a 135Ah LifePO4 cell (their Elerix brand): 105$, without VAT nor shipping. They also have Winston cells: 260Ah, 334$ without VAT nor shipping.
EVEurope has Sinopoly and CALB cells - 200Ah for 295€, 100Ah for 190€ respectively.
Finally, there is Innopower which has EVE 280Ah cells, cost: 252€ without VAT nor shipping - with a 10% discount if you buy 500...

So yeah... I'm buying from Alibaba and I've not had any issues in doing so. YMMV of course, but in my opinion it's worth the risk; just don't go for the first cheapest batch you see.

Back