diy solar

diy solar

At this point... if you are buying From Alibaba/Aliexpress you deserve what you get.

If everything goes in one box, where does the box go? Outside, I assume, so it can be in the sun. Which, I think, could cause it to become too warm, or cold, or wet. How does it connect from where it is to where the power is needed? If the inverter is in the package, will there be an extension cord running across the lawn, or?
Good questions: possibly like cable or satellite in USA, installation included. He/she Im sure has connection idea. Probably terminal block cuz recall idea was for current non-grid cottages.
Outside. This is Finland, so it's not going to get too hot even in summer. It'll be a waterproof box. And yes, outdoor rated (rubber) extension cord. Keep in mind, this is intended for small cottages that don't have electric to begin with, or indoor plumbing/running water, often on an island. Something like this:

_DSC5891mokki-260312.jpg
Right. I recalled it was designed for the already no-grid situation.

Further thought, Im liking this idea. Once hits market and gains positive rep, there will be ppl wanting it for backyard sheds, workshops, kids playhouse.

Good idea with maybe size options.

Also thought about 1st time I got satellite cable. An installation guy came to my house. It was simple. He had a tool that got best signal. Put dish on a pole. Ran a cord to s box inside and bam I was setup.

A company wanting to add this customer base would pick this up quick and is looking at billions.

This cust base has been forced to DIY. I would definitely buy this stock!

One challenge is the Chinese have ramped way up on their electric submarine production with something like 60 subs under construction. These are all electric powered using large lithium battery banks with sterling engine powered generators that somehow do not need air/oxygen to run to recharge; and shut down for very silent running. So they can, in theory, recharge while fully submerged.

I presume all the largest capacity Grade-A cells are going towards such projects as a national priority.

This is how it goes here usually. For example, I had an Acer projector that failed after a year or so - they sent the UPS courier at their expense to pick it up and replaced it.
Man, this has caught my attention.

Remember this cuz ur on to something: Bill Gates presented DOS to IBM. They picked it up but what made him rich is he kept rights to it.

IE) music producer contracts musician few yrs BUT musician keeps rights to their songs. So for rest of life, they get paid everytime their song is played.

Need a global retailer thats interested, can afford and sees this open market. Walmart. Think. Started as dept store. Expanded to pharma, auto, grocery, garden, cellphones, etc etc. It is GLOBAL.

Some countries will require UL Listed, ETL or at least CE. Need company that can afford that.

There a loads and loads if countries seeking to bring in some type of electric Africa, Caribbean, Iceland, India, on and on.

Wow what a startup idea some global corp can expand upon.

Patent this thing asap!

Outside. This is Finland, so it's not going to get too hot even in summer. It'll be a waterproof box. And yes, outdoor rated (rubber) extension cord. Keep in mind, this is intended for small cottages that don't have electric to begin with, or indoor plumbing/running water, often on an island. Something like this
I will assume that you are aware of the need for a controller which will not allow charging of LiFePO4 batteries at or below 0C. I guess you will need a way to keep the batteries, at least, above that temperature. If it were me, I would want the panels on the roof and the box with all the equipment inside (assuming LiFePO4).

I will assume that you are aware of the need for a controller which will not allow charging of LiFePO4 batteries at or below 0C. I guess you will need a way to keep the batteries, at least, above that temperature. If it were me, I would want the panels on the roof and the box with all the equipment inside (assuming LiFePO4).
This is the power station / golf cart battery concept. The difference, is good idea, isnt portable.

Think of the power stations. Ppl carry foldable panels also. The ones like Bluetti are expandable. Awesome idea for this also.

And wow what a time for this product. Best ever. Panels are getting insanely powerful while shrinking. Weigjt wouldnt matter cuz isnt designed to be portable.

Its plug n play but recommended using installer. Many many countries have humanitarian groups that would get these for village huts. IE India (I actually used a hut stove idea once. Red Cross was getting them for families)

All the kinks would be worked out once a global corp picks this up. They have groups of brilliant r&d, designers and engineers.

All I can say is: 1st chance, be in patent attorneys office.

One challenge is the Chinese have ramped way up on their electric submarine production with something like 60 subs under construction. These are all electric powered using large lithium battery banks with sterling engine powered generators that somehow do not need air/oxygen to run to recharge; and shut down for very silent running. So they can, in theory, recharge while fully submerged.

I presume all the largest capacity Grade-A cells are going towards such projects as a national priority.

Several interesting topics in 1 post..
that I forgot was about. LOL

Actually I wd bet this idea been in works over a decade. Not far stretch to power from sub propeller startup by massive batteries then batteries recharged.

Its like duh what took u so long. Not surprised China moved on this. Financially able and no constrained by the all-powerful lobbyist (like oil) that control industrialized world.

China actually attempts to void those obstacles like vast use of mopeds, etc. Im sure there is something new around the corner.

Sure - the BMS also prevents that. For storage (when not in use) the batteries can be stored well below 0C, and this even slows down calendar aging. So after the end of cottage season, you can just store them in the (unheated) cottage for winter.

Remember this cuz ur on to something: Bill Gates presented DOS to IBM. They picked it up but what made him rich is he kept rights to it.
I had a computer programming teacher who used to work for Xerox, who would tell us that he and his team were actually the ones who developed DOS. He said it took years to do, and when they were almost done, Xerox sold it to Bill Gates (or whatever company he was operating under at the time).

The teacher, Mr. Boren, was incredibly talented, and didn't seem prone to exaggeration. He would call Gates a liar and theif to whoever would listen, and claim that that software was more his than Gates'.

I had a computer programming teacher who used to work for Xerox, who would tell us that he and his team were actually the ones who developed DOS. He said it took years to do, and when they were almost done, Xerox sold it to Bill Gates (or whatever company he was operating under at the time).

The teacher, Mr. Boren, was incredibly talented, and didn't seem prone to exaggeration. He would call Gates a liar and theif to whoever would listen, and claim that that software was more his than Gates'.
Close. Xerox designed Windows which was written on top of DOS.

Gates bought DOS from a nobody programmer for $500. This was back before 286/386 days when we used hexadecimal to write directly to processor. (Thats lower than assembly. Its transforming bitd to hex).

Anyway, Gates is just a businessman. After IBM and keeping DOS rights, other companies said oh lets use that OS and build on it.

Xerox made HUGE mistake. Since it had purchased rts to use DOS from Gates, it gave him complete r&d access. Bam, Xerox had created Windows overtop of DOS. Guess who got the credit?

Btw, full disclosure: I started with IBM in 87'... was at Microsoft by 2000. Left that world for research for national science foundation. Pt is: u wdnt believe how interwoven the tech world is & Gates is no hero.

Will I would ask for a return 1k for that crap is not acceptable. Again probably out of a wrecked buss. CATL cells are not being sold to the direct market. They only sell to OEM/CAR MFG so all the cells in the market are refurbs.

Tell the seller you are sending them back to his USA location and not to some Chinese warehouse.

Will I would ask for a return 1k for that crap is not acceptable. Again probably out of a wrecked buss. CATL cells are not being sold to the direct market. They only sell to OEM/CAR MFG so all the cells in the market are refurbs.

Tell the seller you are sending them back to his USA location and not to some Chinese warehouse.
Then you should do exactly that with your damaged cells. Report how it worked for you.

Also, you say "CATL cells are not being sold to the direct market. They only sell to OEM/CAR MFG so all the cells in the market are refurbs."
Does Amy at Shenzhen Luyuan know about this? You need to get her on the record as lying about her claims of sourcing and SUE!!!

Last edited:
So no gambling buying stuff from Amazon or Ebay?
Or buy from US company like this one?
Amazons return policy is much easier. They take the money from the seller and give it back to you, no hassle.

Amazons return policy is much easier. They take the money from the seller and give it back to you, no hassle.

Not after 30 days... So make sure you check and verify, also support/warranty for anything on amazon should be treated as 30 days as well, because they do not assist in warranty claims.

For some in this thread/topic the only solution to their issues appears to be their need to open a CMD box and run DEBUG C800:5
If only that still worked. The pseudo racist carp lurking under the cover of political crud is the worse "covers" for it and belongs in the bottom of the global outhouse. People are people, Good/Bad and Indiferent the world over regardless of any political Bull Hooey !

Been scammed by vendors on EBAY, AMAZON, and AliExpress / Baba too... Even by Brick & Mortar retailers in recent times... Everyone is subject to the same crap everywhere and NONE of it is getting better. Stick to Known Good Reputable's and you are better off than tossing the dice on the undulating table.

Last edited:
Sure - the BMS also prevents that. For storage (when not in use) the batteries can be stored well below 0C, and this even slows down calendar aging. So after the end of cottage season, you can just store them in the (unheated) cottage for winter.
Ah. "Cottage season". Finland. Subjects I am not familiar with. Still, it seems possible that, at the beginning and end of cottage season, cold nights could limit the utility of the battery in the morning if it is outside freezing overnight.

I have been reading these forums for a year. I HAVE NEVER READ A STORY WHERE someone was able to return cells to China and get a refund it has always been, you take a discount and shut up.
I did have a gratifying experience after purchasing an all-in-one Ruixu 100ah battery from AliExpress. It would not take a charge nor would it discharge. The vendor in my case was entirely helpful and at the end of the day I received a full refund without returning the battery. Upon my own tear down (with the encouragement of the vendor) I found that the BMS had become unplugged. The now unenclosed cells and BMS are humming away contentedly in my camper.

I have purchased dozens of items from AliExpress over the years and have had only had two negative experiences. In nearly every communication with vendors the exchanges were helpful and courteous. Impugning the character of an entire county or ethnicity is unfair and unwarrented.

Last edited:
I've bought a few things from overseas and have yet to run into an unsolved problem. Daly BMS, that I probably technically screwed up as it was my first attempt, was replaced by Daly without question and they told me to just chuck the original. I have to admit, I'm much more leary when it comes to buying cells, but they've been available from other routes so there was no pressure. Having said that, inventory is starting to dry up so I may be forced to purchase my next set from China, but I'll take the risk by following the only protocol that actually exists; find a seller that has a good track record and hope all goes well. End of the day, the law of the land in all of commerce has been Caveat Emptor. But to condemn an entire nation over a few upset retail transactions is far from fair. And while we are on the subject, buying a "pre-made" battery from someone in the States offers not much more protection. Last I looked, there aren't any lithium cell manufacturers here so most are ordering from their own contacts in China and just adding their own markup for doing so.

Back