diy solar

diy solar

Australia - Cheap new panels - find your distributor

nate_syd

So I was repurposing my old Sharp 220W panels to charge my DIY battery, they were giving 720W in winter on a tilt - so not bad after 10years!!!
Then i found out that i can get new panels REALLY CHEAP from distributors!

Online via the usual sources they were just a bit too expensive & i keep seeing all the Americans talk about these dirt cheap panels.
So find your local distributor!!!

I wont mention names here as its a bit of an advertisement.. but here's an idea of prices in Sydney....
I purchased 4 x 390w Trina Vertex for $634 incl tax, with me picking up.

They typically give prices per Watt... here's some other panels (ex tax & delivery)
- Seraphim 370w for $125.8
- Trina Honey M 330w for $105
- Trina Vertex 390 for $144

AP Systems QS1 Quad 1200W grid tie inverter & cable was $346 (fully legit Aus approved grid tie inverter!!!)

I found my guys by reaching out to AP Systems (grid tie inverter) to find their local supplier & then asked about panels & were shocked how cheap they were!
So 4 new panels for me!

You may be able to get rebates for them also. Also I've been offered pannels at $100ish installed.

I found an installer that contracts to one of those dirt cheap mobs. So it's obvious he will sell his soul cheap. Talked to him and his actully happy to do something different and get away from slapping in cheap systems making peanuts.

Am just waiting for the 12x6m shed to be extended to 12x20m but then start fitting it out. As I'm cheap it's alot of cash work so they just fit me in whenever.

Plus it's like a 10 week wait for my liveable shed kit.

You may be able to get rebates for them also. Also I've been offered pannels at $100ish installed.

I found an installer that contracts to one of those dirt cheap mobs. So it's obvious he will sell his soul cheap. Talked to him and his actully happy to do something different and get away from slapping in cheap systems making peanuts.

Am just waiting for the 12x6m shed to be extended to 12x20m but then start fitting it out. As I'm cheap it's alot of cash work so they just fit me in whenever.

Plus it's like a 10 week wait for my liveable shed kit.
Dont you need to be a certified installer etc to get those rebates?
or you just get someone to certify & sign off on your install - then make the claim through the govt yourself?

Nice price.
It make mes laugh at the price people on gumtree ask for their 10yo panels compared to what you can get from say TradeZone new.

Nice price.
It make mes laugh at the price people on gumtree ask for their 10yo panels compared to what you can get from say TradeZone new.
that was me 6months ago! flogging my panels for $80 each! lol...
TradeZone you need an ABN though? my prices above were 100% retail

For STCs... http://www.cleanenergyregulator.gov...irements-for-small-scale-system-installations
$5mil in liability insurance, must be an accreditied installer - so DIY wont suffice

Although its interesting that with those panels i'd get 20 STCs, which is $700-800!!!

Dont you need to be a certified installer etc to get those rebates?
or you just get someone to certify & sign off on your install - then make the claim through the govt yourself?
Yes you do. Tell them cash and if it helps you don't care if the apprentice does it.

That was $100 installed he said come to him closer to date he will find a good deal eg if he has a order for a few pallets come in he will add onto that for me. 60-80 panels but he said does not matter long as Im happy with something from his normal suppliers and not a special order

Back