diy solar

diy solar

Australian Battery Shop

No useful tech specs as to charge and discharge current, BMS capabilities etc. Doesn't mean they aren't any good but it is the sort of thing that should be asked about before purchase. If you need 100 amps from the battery to run an inverter and the battery can only do 50, you need at least 2 to satisfy the inverter's demands.

I have been there and met the owner.
He is Chinese and speaks zero English. A lady there interpreted the conversation.
Nice guy, seemed to know what he was on about.
The battery packs were basic but I wasn't unimpressed with the quality.
Basic, simple and actually similar to what I have made for myself from parts.
They bring in prismatic cells and fit them into battery boxes with Daly BMS. The boxes are packed out with foam blocks.
There were several pallets of new cells on the shop floor.

Jimmy

Last edited:
He is Chinese and speaks zero English. A lady there interpreted the conversation.
They bring in prismatic cells and fit them into battery boxes with Daly BMS. The boxes are packed out with foam blocks.

Jimmy
Hello, do you have the contact information of your boss?

Jimmy
If you can provide contact information, I will thank you

I haven't been to this shop to check quality etc, tho it may be worth a look. The wire prices seem a bit on the cheap side? I don't know there shipping costs either
Big Wei Battery

50A Anderson connectors is not much if you want to connwct an inverter.

Ordering 8 * 280Ah EVE cells, plus BMS, Plus metal box is exactly half the price in AUD if you DIY, with better specs (280Ah, 200A BMS, 175A Anderson plugs)

Try Ian Goe. He can get stuff wifh good prices. Second hand stuff as well. Super capacitor/lithium battery Australia on FB. Can custom make.

50A Anderson connectors is not much if you want to connwct an inverter.

Ordering 8 * 280Ah EVE cells, plus BMS, Plus metal box is exactly half the price in AUD if you DIY, with better specs (280Ah, 200A BMS, 175A Anderson plugs)

Which metal box did you buy?

Jimmy

In fairness to Big Wei Battery and Ian Goh, batteries can't be sent by plane, and fees are expensive when delivered to the port.

According to whirlpool 7+ years ago port fees (not including GST) is at least $450 plus broker fees.

Looking back at my records, I picked up a 193kg wooden crate from Tullamarine freight terminal in 2018.
The DB Shenker fees were $566.46

and the CUSTOMS DUTIES + GST + CUSTOMS ELECTRONIC ENTRY were an additional 18.94% of the goods' value.

Buying a small batch of 8 cells direct to the door doesn't have these added costs.

That's maybe why the facebook 280ah cell are nearly double the price.
Even when your paying upfront for the cells when ordered
Shipping batteries commercially also has additional Hazmat requirements (no doubt adding costs)

Ians 280ah cells are made by Huizhou Yiwei. They have a 2c rate too if i remember right.

Jimmy
I am considering them, as they are based in Brisbane and from what ive seen ( reviews, videos on the page ) seem to do good work.
It looks to me like a lot of thje batteries we get in AU are mostly suing the same cells, and components really.
Has anyone pulled apart a REDARC or ENERDRIVE battery to compare out of interest?

Back