diy solar

diy solar

Auto on-off for mini split

Bush68

Has anyone been able to auto on-off a mini split or other via battery % and victron or other controller?
batteries hit float turn on ac and off at preset low battery %
seems all the mini splits are to complicated to have a simple on off

My Victron BMV-700 turns the grid input to my Hybrid inverter on and off according to state of charge with a relay.

I have tried to get my Midnight SCC to turn on and off my diversion load relay without being successful.

Your options are an IR-Blaster type of system, or to get a wifi interface for the units. For Mitsubishi there is a DIY option and a manufacturer option for that

Your options are an IR-Blaster type of system, or to get a wifi interface for the units. For Mitsubishi there is a DIY option and a manufacturer option for that
Wonder if turning the breaker on and off will tell you if just cutting power to the unit will work so a relay can just be used.....Like the IR blaster though, I used them in a robotics comp.

My Fujitsu 9000 33 SEER mini split heat pump would just need one or both of the 240 V legs broken to turn off and on as desired. It would have a time delay on start up, but would go right back to where you left off.

I have a cheap 12, 000 BTU mini split and if I shut off the breaker and then a few minutes turn it back on it will just start doing whatever it was doing before

But I am planning to do for mine is ADD some type of thermal switch to the temperature that I would like.. I will likely need to put some type of contactor in line

Back