diy solar

diy solar

Automate wireless remote start

Refinished

Shocked and Amused
Does anyone have experience with automating the activation of the newer breed of wireless remote start FOBs? Examples are the remotes that come with the Westinghouse igen4500 and the Champion 100573. I'm looking for a way to trigger the remote start and stop of this kind of generator. I have the automation logic and the ability to produce a signal that can drive a relay or such under control. I'd prefer not to use one of the mechanical button pusher devices - while simple and probably effective, that seems janky.

I have not setup an automatic remote start for my generator (yet), but this is the one I have been looking at. They handle lots of different generators.

Don’t know if that was what you were asking or not…

Good Luck

I have not setup an automatic remote start for my generator (yet), but this is the one I have been looking at. They handle lots of different generators.

Don’t know if that was what you were asking or not…

Good Luck
No, that does not do what I was looking for. BUT, looking at that device gave me an idea for another way to approach this. So thanks!

Does anyone have experience with automating the activation of the newer breed of wireless remote start FOBs? Examples are the remotes that come with the Westinghouse igen4500 and the Champion 100573. I'm looking for a way to trigger the remote start and stop of this kind of generator. I have the automation logic and the ability to produce a signal that can drive a relay or such under control. I'd prefer not to use one of the mechanical button pusher devices - while simple and probably effective, that seems janky.

Your question isn't specific enough.

Are you wanting to remote start using the fob? Just break apart the remote and solder your controller to the contacts to simulate a button press.

Back