diy solar

diy solar

Automatic transfer switch with inverter controller.

thr0ttl3j0ck3y

Hey, winter is coming, and I'll probably need to use grid power between sunny days. I've been planning on adding an auto transfer switch, but I've been trying to figure a way to make it run a relay for the inverter, so switch to grid=inverter off, switch to solar=inverter on, but I want a few seconds for the inverter to be ready before the load is applied to it. any suggestions?

Check your controller options. There might be an option to use Utility only unless the power goes out then switches to batteries and solar.

I have the MPP PIP-2424LV-MDS controller and inverter. Option #1 lets me set it to use Utility only unless the power goes out and then the Solar/batteries continue supplying power with no interuptions. - I tested it and it works great!

Samlex EVO series Inverter/Chargers have built-in ATS which can be programmed for how you want to access the grid power for charging and/or passthrough.

IF you already have an Inverter/Charger, it would be better if you post a link to the product & it's docs/manual. They are all different and some have special requirements while others cannot support an ATS system at all.

Back