diy solar

diy solar

AutoStart and Stop Portable Generator for 48V off-grid system

Antvette

I've been looking around and I thought my situation would be fairly straight forward but I'm guessing not having found very little. I'm in the process of building a completely off-grid system with (2) EG4 6500W inverters a 120/240 split phase setup connected to a 48V battery bank. I have a portable pure sine wave inverter generator that I wanted to connect to the AC Input of both inverters to charge the battery bank when it reaches a certain voltage and then turn off when it reaches a certain level. My generator has an ATS port and it can AutoStart, auto-choke and auto shut-off. Is there an All-In-One unit I can plug and play that will monitor the battery bank voltage (48V System) to turn on and off my generator connecting to its ATS port? I don't need it to monitor anything else beside the battery bank voltage levels. I want it to be completely automated. If there's an easier/better solution I'm all for it. Thank you.

I've been looking around and I thought my situation would be fairly straight forward but I'm guessing not having found very little. I'm in the process of building a completely off-grid system with (2) EG4 6500W inverters a 120/240 split phase setup connected to a 48V battery bank. I have a portable pure sine wave inverter generator that I wanted to connect to the AC Input of both inverters to charge the battery bank when it reaches a certain voltage and then turn off when it reaches a certain level. My generator has an ATS port and it can AutoStart, auto-choke and auto shut-off. Is there an All-In-One unit I can plug and play that will monitor the battery bank voltage (48V System) to turn on and off my generator connecting to its ATS port? I don't need it to monitor anything else beside the battery bank voltage levels. I want it to be completely automated. If there's an easier/better solution I'm all for it. Thank you.
Have you considered using the dry contacts?

Setting 12 and 13 to drive the output set point voltages. Likely need to know what generator or protocols it would accept.

I have this one. You'll just need a relay.

Charge-Discharge Monitor, DROK 0-90V 100A DC Ammeter Voltmeter, Battery Capacity Amp-Hour Watt-Hour Power Time Multimeter, LCD Display Digital Voltage Current AH WH Watt Meter Tester with Hall Sensor https://a.co/d/698uBTW

can you elaborate on how this is setup?.
My Sol-Ark has auto start. I have the meter on one of my batteries and it looks like it would work good for closing a relay at a specific voltage.

So, I came across the link below for my generator and the Atkinson Electronics sounds like it will work. The fun part is i guess trying to wire it all in correctly. I did email Atkinson and they send me a diagram and parts list for what I need. (VERY FAST response) Looks like I can use the dry contacts in the inverter as well. Hope this post helps others out.

Back