diy solar

diy solar

Avoid AliExpress "LiitokalaVariCoreFlagship Store" from "$433 280Ah LiFePO4 Cells Tested: Cheaper than lead acid!" video

I posted this image as part of my proof along with accompanying images from the capacity tester. One image from bms at start and capacity tester at start, one in between of each and one at cut off

They responded by circling cell 8 in the picture and saying the capacity test is not complete as it’s not at 2.5 cut off I responded by saying cells 2 and 3 are clearly at 2.5 cut off. Question is can I discharge thrower capacity cells below 2.5 to show them without damaging them?

my sense is I can’t and they are just being slimey but I figured I’d double check before making assumptions. They also didn’t acknowledge other issues I brought up like crooked threads.

FCA0763C-2E9F-4C76-816F-62A474B8F95A.png

I posted this image as part of my proof along with accompanying images from the capacity tester. One image from bms at start and capacity tester at start, one in between of each and one at cut off

They responded by circling cell 8 in the picture and saying the capacity test is not complete as it’s not at 2.5 cut off I responded by saying cells 2 and 3 are clearly at 2.5 cut off. Question is can I discharge thrower capacity cells below 2.5 to show them without damaging them?

my sense is I can’t and they are just being slimey but I figured I’d double check before making assumptions. They also didn’t acknowledge other issues I brought up like crooked threads.

View attachment 62490
No. Do not discharge below 2.5v.
The cell temperature will rise, I suspect over discharge is where most bloated cells come from. From 3.65v to 3.1v, 2 degree Celsius temperature rise, from 3.1v to 2.5v, 5 degree rise for me. VERY consistent.

No. Do not discharge below 2.5v.
The cell temperature will rise, I suspect over discharge is where most bloated cells come from. From 3.65v to 3.1v, 2 degree Celsius temperature rise, from 3.1v to 2.5v, 5 degree rise for me. VERY consistent.
VERY interesting observation.

They replied with almost the exactly the same to me. What was the end result of your dispute?
Im just rejected their offer of 0 and am waiting to hear from AliExpress.
AliExpress just entered the dispute. No info yet.

Did you lift the black covers yet? At the negative pole, there could be a scratched QR code with perhaps some text left that has the rated capacity.

VERY interesting observation.
Yes, someone else noticed and mentioned that their batteries got warm the last 20 to 40 amp hours. So I started watching, used a cheap temperature gun. Got curious and bought a really nice thermal camera, and that's what I found. Both the cheap thermal gun and the thermal camera agree.

Thanks for the help! It turns out Aliexpress saw all my claims as valid without having to provide additional proof. Now we are working on what type of refund makes sense.

AliExpress offered me 30% so far. I’m not sure if they offered that because that was my initial proposal or what there reasoning was but before they offered it I had raised it higher. I prob would of been fine with that if the seller had acknowledged the issue and apologized but instead the seller responded in a very shiesty way. AliExpress quickly said all my claims were valid 1) delivery outside guarantee window 2) defective product because 4 cells have crooked threads 3) several cells are lower capacity.
AliExpress gave me two options take the 30 percent or fully refund if I ship product back, just rejected both and am waiting to hear back again.

I mean. It costs nearly twice as much to buy the Chinese cells from an American importer. Not sure why you'd think it would be less than that if we made them here.
We do make cells here. Not prismatic I know, but the technology is much the same.

We do make cells here. Not prismatic I know, but the technology is much the same.
Yeah that's very different.

And tesla isn't exactly a shining example. The reason for them doing it here is not to put some battery packs in the hands of the DIY crowd.

The technology is much the same, however, the chemistry is different. Tesla is using cells with a much greater energy density, not LiFePo4 chemistry. This is because of the weight of LiFePo4, which has less energy density (a very important consideration for a vehicle). For our purposes (stationary) the energy density is not as important, the chemistry is. LiFePo4 is actually much safer. Prismatic, pouch or cylindrical cells are not as important for stationary systems, safety is. Tesla packs have built-in heating and cooling systems as well, very important for high C rates.

Seller is trying to pull the same thing on me, saying sure 100% refund if I send the batteries back at my expense. As that's a valid response, AliExpress has closed the issue, and the ball's in my court about whether I send the batteries back.

I've already opened a dispute with my credit card company, they're contacting AliExpres, but they've refunded my money as a preliminary measure. Not doing anything with it until it's finalized.

AliExpress offered me 30% so far. I’m not sure if they offered that because that was my initial proposal or what there reasoning was but before they offered it I had raised it higher. I prob would of been fine with that if the seller had acknowledged the issue and apologized but instead the seller responded in a very shiesty way. AliExpress quickly said all my claims were valid 1) delivery outside guarantee window 2) defective product because 4 cells have crooked threads 3) several cells are lower capacity.
AliExpress gave me two options take the 30 percent or fully refund if I ship product back, just rejected both and am waiting to hear back again.
If you offered 30% as a settlement And they agreed I would think you should accept and confirm.

So i ordered some advertised 310 ah viracore cell for 12v. hope they are not crap but we shall see.

my question was on orientation of cell.. i was thinking you can put them on side like AGMs but have read some stuff that says to keep them terminals up.. I can do that but be tight.. vs on side gives me a 1/2" more space to work with..

SO,, up or on side. which is OK.. both or up only. ??

Back