diy solar

diy solar

Avoid AliExpress "LiitokalaVariCoreFlagship Store" from "$433 280Ah LiFePO4 Cells Tested: Cheaper than lead acid!" video

Perhaps. The buyer rejected my initial proposal of 30 percent and countered with 0 or ship them back for an 90% refund. Upon reflection, I should asked for more in the beginning since the lower capacity cells are going to lower the overall capacity of the entire pack if I were to keep them and use them and it would cost close to that much to replace them with the cost of shipping.

Even after that, I still have to figure how fix the crooked threads on 4 of the other 8 cells which is going to take time to research, labor and materials. Could I live with 30 percent sure but I’d rather of paid extra to more reputable vendor for a better quality product that I thought I was getting.

So i ordered some advertised 310 ah viracore cell for 12v. hope they are not crap but we shall see.

my question was on orientation of cell.. i was thinking you can put them on side like AGMs but have read some stuff that says to keep them terminals up.. I can do that but be tight.. vs on side gives me a 1/2" more space to work with..

SO,, up or on side. which is OK.. both or up only. ??
The manufacturer says side is fine. Personally, I want that cell over pressure valve pointed up, and it also is the way it was designed to evenly distribute the electrolyte.

If you offered 30% as a settlement And they agreed I would think you should accept and confirm.
I don't even know how you guys ship back batteries. The one experience I had at DHL and they rejected the batteries for shipment. I would just take a sizeable discount and then just flip them to someone who wants them at the lower price and is happy with what they are getting.

The manufacturer says side is fine. Personally, I want that cell over pressure valve pointed up, and it also is the way it was designed to evenly distribute the electrolyte.
cool,, has any testing been done to show one way or the other?? if the manufacturer says ok are they just sucking up or know that as true from testing.. they will be installed in rv under sofa so need to know it not a problem.

cool,, has any testing been done to show one way or the other?? if the manufacturer says ok are they just sucking up or know that as true from testing.. they will be installed in rv under sofa so need to know it not a problem.
Read the Big Battery thread on leaking Lishen 170AH cells.

Did you lift the black covers yet? At the negative pole, there could be a scratched QR code with perhaps some text left that has the rated capacity.
I checked under a couple covers but I should probably check the others to see if there is info relevant to the dispute.
AliExpress responded:

The capacity is not as described Valid - Seeing that you have tried your best to test, we believe that this is not a solar cell, so you should fully charge it and try to test the battery pack after assembly (because of the different load). The above is easy to be questioned by the seller. ___The main problem is that we have only identified four battery issues. Please upload all the test pictures (numbers) to the dispute.

Offered two options:
Option 1: Partial refund 204.41 USD without returning goods
Option 2: Return goods Full refund 1533.45 USD ( Buyer pays the returning shipping fee)

It appears option 1 may increase if I add additional pics, vids, and do further testing on the assembled "battery pack" - which really doesn't make sense as I have data on each cell.

I'm currently in the same boat with the Varicore 280ah cells. My 280ah cells tested at 245ah. I top balanced cells before building the battery with a Daly BMS. My biggest concern is I wanted to buy 4 more to build a 560ah 4s battery for my RV. But now I will my next 4 be higher or lower capacity? I currently have a dispute open so I'll see what they offer.

20210912_134013.jpgSmartSelect_20210912-133932_SMART BMS.jpgSmartSelect_20210911-155014_SMART BMS.jpg20210910_164652.jpgSmartSelect_20210910-164810_SMART BMS.jpg

If you do buy more cells and still try to use these ones your overall usable capacity will be lower because of the low rated cells. If your ok with that then I’d order the next for from a more reputable vendor, I know there are a few in this forum.

Dispute is a bit of a crapshoot with aliexpress typically siding with the seller. If after the dispute you aren’t satisfied with judgement you can dispute with credit card if you paid that way or pay pal if you paid that way but if not, you may be stuck with whatever the results are.

I'm currently in the same boat with the Varicore 280ah cells. My 280ah cells tested at 245ah. I top balanced cells before building the battery with a Daly BMS. My biggest concern is I wanted to buy 4 more to build a 560ah 4s battery for my RV. But now I will my next 4 be higher or lower capacity? I currently have a dispute open so I'll see what they offer.
Can you lift the black covers to see if there's a (scratched out) QR code with capacity specifications? If so, what does it say?

Can you lift the black covers to see if there's a (scratched out) QR code with capacity specifications? If so, what does it say?

I did, and there was nothing under them.

Attachments

• 20210915_184131.jpg
    20210915_184131.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 15
I did, and there was nothing under them.
I took mine all the way off. Some of them were harder to get to but they were there and easy to put back on.

Attachments

• 829BD056-EF18-4C0A-9ADF-4B0F62F3CF44.jpeg
    829BD056-EF18-4C0A-9ADF-4B0F62F3CF44.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 18
I took mine all the way off. Some of them were harder to get to but they were there and easy to put back on.
Ok, I will do this tomorrow. And post what I find.

FYI, I also filed a complaint with PayPal today as well. I sent the the links to this forum with all the threads talking about this seller.

Ok, I will do this tomorrow. And post what I find.

FYI, I also filed a complaint with PayPal today as well. I sent the the links to this forum with all the threads talking about this seller.
Don't forget to write up a review at the AliExpress page for the product as well.

Here's the original scratched out QR codes. Hope someone can make sense of them.

Attachments

• 20210917_193440.jpg
    20210917_193440.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210917_193500.jpg
    20210917_193500.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210917_193451.jpg
    20210917_193451.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210917_193434.jpg
    20210917_193434.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 13
Ha, they didn't even bother scratching our the QR code, they just removed the capacity! What a vendor...

So far so good, but capacity test will have to come soon. At least they're flat and undamaged.
That's how mine arrived, cosmetically just about perfect, but 7 out of 8 were 230ah. I don't have the equipment to test the cells individually, so no clue what the last one was.

Good luck!

So far so good, but capacity test will have to come soon. At least they're flat and undamaged.

View attachment 65993
View attachment 65992
View attachment 65991

Good luck. Make sure you weigh them. Take pictures of all your test results. 2 more days on my claim with PayPal, with no response from the seller yet.

Now there's a seller with 4 - 320ah batteries for $150 with free shipping.

US $56.40 25%OFF | 100% New Lifepo4 320Ah 4-16PCS 3.2V Grade A 48V 310AH Battery Pack DIY RV Cell And Solar Energy Storage System EU US Tax Free

That's how mine arrived, cosmetically just about perfect, but 7 out of 8 were 230ah. I don't have the equipment to test the cells individually, so no clue what the last one was.

Good luck!
If I get 230 I'll be annoyed, but they will still be usable for my application.

It just means I'll have to try for a refund and will probably order a set from a US distributor now that we've got some in Texas that are allegedly good.

Back