diy solar

diy solar

AVOID the Uni-T B4Q094 UT210E meter

ghostwriter66

"Here - Hold my Beer"
EE from LAX CA -work in SouthTX for giant evil Oil
Funny, mine has been going fine since purchased on Amazon 5/17/2017. I mostly use it as an amp meter. I don't think I have used it for voltage or resistance measurements often at all.

The only reason I know the date is because Amazon knows all my secrets.

Sorry Ghostwriter66, I have used one since Dec 2019, works great so far in my workshop. I have not used in the field so I can say how durable it is in an outdoor setting. What meter do you use that is in this price range? ($49.99)

Uni-T B4Q094 UT210E True RMS AC/DC sucks. We bought a few knowing that they were throw aways but they just died way to fast to even be considered throwaways ...

THREAD RESURRECTION

What was the failure rate (units bought versus units failed)?
Was there a common theme for the failures (inaccurate, feature stopped working, does not power on, other)?
Did they last beyond 30 days so you could not return them on amazon?

I believe this is the unit favored by affiliate pitchman David Poz in his videos.
I almost bought one myself ..... as my ancient 1980's vintage fluke clamp on does not do DC amps.
I did not care for the Will Prowse Klein choice as that wierd reverse LED screen can not be read at all in the daylight so back she went to the Amazon jungle, though as Will said its really pretty when indoors-and I would agree it has good easy to read eye appeal but only when indoors.

So back to looking for another choice with DC amp clamp ability.

Most of the time the polariser sheet can be flipped over to invert the display.

THREAD RESURRECTION

What was the failure rate (units bought versus units failed)?
Was there a common theme for the failures (inaccurate, feature stopped working, does not power on, other)?
Did they last beyond 30 days so you could not return them on amazon?

I believe this is the unit favored by affiliate pitchman David Poz in his videos.
I almost bought one myself ..... as my ancient 1980's vintage fluke clamp on does not do DC amps.
I did not care for the Will Prowse Klein choice as that wierd reverse LED screen can not be read at all in the daylight so back she went to the Amazon jungle, though as Will said its really pretty when indoors-and I would agree it has good easy to read eye appeal but only when indoors.

So back to looking for another choice with DC amp clamp ability.

so we had probably 20% that went bad ... we bought them all at one time so it was probably something wrong in that particular batch ...

Common error was that the screen was only showing upper half ...

They lasted 6 months

Here is the one that I personally swear by .. it is phenominal .. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WCFR7VR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've used mine for years almost daily as an electrician/technician and it works great.

To funny. I have one and checked it with a 2.5v 5.0 v 7.5 v 10 v calibration tester and its dead nuts on.....l:ROFLMAO: Then tested with a Bluetooth Mooshimeter. It has the ability to calibrate and has 5 digits past the period. Still dead nuts on. He He He......guess I'm just kinder to equipment? Or... Lucky ?

Lucky would be my bet. The calibration of a lot of the cheaper stuff is really hit and miss. Even just the variation of the front panel rotary switch contact resistance will knock things for 6*.

*translation:
hit the ball out of the park
;)

Ya, I have 6 meters (I have not tested my DSO's) and only the two listed came in. Go figure.

UPDATE

I purchased the multimeter that ghostwriter recommended (Thank you) but from the earlier thread recommended "KAIWEETS"re-brand labeled one instead of this $10 cheaper "HABOTEST" re-brand labeled linked here due to immediate availability-the less expensive seller sold out. For a cheap "consumable" meter that I can afford to use roughly and have break without it being an investment (think the highest end FLUKE choices that never leave the bench!).... this thing is amazing. It is my first DC clamp on meter and that feature blows my socks off now that I need this feature as I delve into the DC world of renewable electricity-no more circuit breaks to install the shunt that can burn up if its overamped. Be sure to buy the "D" model HT406D, not the "A" or "B" to get this feature and 600V/600A range. I had to read the manual because I was not aware that the DC amp meter feature WAS NOT self zeroing like all the other measurement capabilities of this meter-its a simple press button and hold for several seconds-that stumped me for a few minutes as everything else on this meter is automatic or intuitive by labeling.

So far it has been reliable, being LCD instead of cheap LED means I can use it outdoors without need of finding a shade box to cover it up and standing on my head to have it be int the shade box as well (the similar LED display meter recommended on Will's sight failed me miserably outdoors), its been dropped twice now and not broken, and it has been accurate when compared to my FLUKES and power supplies. I had to raid my failed meter bag for tip accessories as this comes with nothing but the probes-not a complaint considering the price.

Is it this one? Thanks.

Is it this one? Thanks.

Yep, .....yes sir...... If you can find the same with a different Brand name on it like the one in this thread (HABOTEST) it can be $10 cheaper-if your time is worth that $10 of searching.

.....as stated ............if you will only use in doors the one recommended on Will Prowse's sight is nice and has a very pleasant to look at display.........just that its useless outdoors when the display is sunwashed out/melts out like a vampire in the sunlight. LCD for outdoor sunlight work me thinkem until someone finds a proven LED that you can see in sunlight without need to shade the screen.

Thank you. I will put this on my list to buy. It will come in handy for sure.

Uni-T B4Q094 UT210E True RMS AC/DC sucks. We bought a few knowing that they were throw aways but they just died way to fast to even be considered throwaways ...

Yep I bought that same one and it started acting up after a few months too.
I found if I pushed on the rotary switch it jumped all over the place and 10% of the time would read especially when using the clamp for amp readings.
I had to push on the switch or rotate it around a few times to maybe get a reading. ?
It’s out in the garage next to the harbor freight freebie meter that amazingly has never acted up. Go figure??????

Back