diy solar

diy solar

Avoid This Seller ... Henny Liu's store

Bob B

Emperor Of Solar
I didn't know for sure where to post this .... so decided to put it here. Maybe someone will see it and prevent some grief since a lot of us are buying from Alibaba and Aliexpress. There are probably other deceptive sellers who may attempt similar tomfoolery.
(HMMM spell check like that so it must be a real word.)

This wan't a solar equipment purchase. That is kinda why i decided to put it here.

I ordered an item from this seller (Henny Liu's store) on Aliexpress. I kept checking an they never posted any shipping information .... as it got closer and closer to the sale ending date I started sending them messages asking for shipping information and could get no response from them .... but, right before the order closed, they posted a tracking number that indicated the item had been delivered. Problem is, the item supposedly delivered to a mailbox in California and I live in Illinois.
I am convinced it was an attempt by them to try to show a successful delivery right before the item closed even though they had NOT shipped my item. I caught it just in time an filed a dispute .... then the fun really began. They were suddenly sending and responding to my messages .... but what they demanded was that I close the dispute .... and then they would immediately issue a refund. They even tried to trick me into accepting a resolution which would have resulted in no refund by putting in text in the resolution offer that was contrary to the resolution .... which was no refund, no return.
By this time Aliexpress had noted on the dispute that "the item was sent to the wrong address."
To make an even longer story short, I had placed the order using PayPal. I filed a second dispute with PayPal and got a refund within 48 hours. I probably would have been able to do the same thing with a credit card company, but this seller was so practiced at deception they had it down pat.
Aliexpress then followed suite and awarded me the dispute.

So far, every seller I have asked on Alibaba or Aliexpress has been willing to send me a PayPal invoice.

I am batting about 750 actually getting items I have ordered on Aliexpress or Alibaba .... but I am batting 1000 for getting a refund for things I didn't get.

I have never made a order from those two websites. Something creeps me out about them.

I have never made a order from those two websites. Something creeps me out about them.
I hadn't until I decided to order some LiFePo batteries direct instead of paying a middleman. I may be done with any orders other that battery parts. After watching how China has handled the virus information it seems like deception is part of the culture.

Sure wish we could get some US Mfg for these things.

Those LiFePo prices are out of this world. Don't blame you for saving a buck.
Just watched a uTube video of a guy living on his sailboat and he installed 6 LiFePo batteries. Testing them out, he brought them down to 11% and they were still at 12.7 volts I think it was(thats with a load still on them). Holy smokes !
I see why you guys want them so bad.

I had a similar experience with a chinese ebay purchase, tracking said it was delivered, but no sign of it...checked the detailed tracking info, it was delivered to someone in Wisconsin (I live in Massachussetts), I sent the seller a notice of this, the reply I got back they said this was a mail transfer station and I should wait some more for it to arrive (tracking said it was delivered to a street address mailbox). Not to mention it had been delivered to Wisconsin nearly a month prior, even book rate mail doesn't take a month to go from Wisconsin to Mass. I never did get any satisfaction from them, so I just left them negative feedback, and chalked it up as lesson learned...it was only like a $4 item, so no huge deal.

I had a similar experience with a chinese ebay purchase, tracking said it was delivered, but no sign of it...checked the detailed tracking info, it was delivered to someone in Wisconsin (I live in Massachussetts), I sent the seller a notice of this, the reply I got back they said this was a mail transfer station and I should wait some more for it to arrive (tracking said it was delivered to a street address mailbox). Not to mention it had been delivered to Wisconsin nearly a month prior, even book rate mail doesn't take a month to go from Wisconsin to Mass. I never did get any satisfaction from them, so I just left them negative feedback, and chalked it up as lesson learned...it was only like a $4 item, so no huge deal.

My item was only $15 .... but I was determined to do what I could to expose them on Aliexpress. Since the order never completed, I couldn't figure out how to post feedback on their store, but at least they had the record of a successful dispute on Aliexpress. I know this goes against them since they sent me a bunch of messages trying to get me to drop the dispute ... that was pretty much the only kind of messages I got from them.

I think intentionally posting bogus tracking information is a common tactic for some of the sellers. They try to make money with a little keyboard action instead of providing product. Maybe post the name of the seller on here so others can see who to avoid.

keep an eye on the expected delivery date, a lot of problems is shipping the logistic side since covid19 began. Aliexpress normally gives a fair time. The reason they close it and mark as received the seller gets paid. Buyers do not bother checking off received, leaving the seller without his funds.
most give an extension to the time. if notified. If not, you think you are getting ripped off. Here in Canada is now about 2 months to get item
99% do give a refund if you cancel the dispute. it does take a week or two to get refund. if seller does not .you can still put in a claim after that.
Done it many times, got my money back. not a big deal. It gives them a red flag if too many disputes. most of the time its logistics. if you do not like this way of doing business at a cheaper price then do not buy.

keep an eye on the expected delivery date, a lot of problems is shipping the logistic side since covid19 began. Aliexpress normally gives a fair time. The reason they close it and mark as received the seller gets paid. Buyers do not bother checking off received, leaving the seller without his funds.
most give an extension to the time. if notified. If not, you think you are getting ripped off. Here in Canada is now about 2 months to get item
99% do give a refund if you cancel the dispute. it does take a week or two to get refund. if seller does not .you can still put in a claim after that.
Done it many times, got my money back. not a big deal. It gives them a red flag if too many disputes. most of the time its logistics. if you do not like this way of doing business at a cheaper price then do not buy.

In my case, they waited til the time was almost up and instead of doing an extension, they just posted a bogus tracking number. That in combination to zero response to most of my messages showed me they had no intention of actually shipping my item.

I have another item that the seller (different seller) extended the time .... but they posted a tracking number soon after I ordered the item. I am currently assuming this item is just caught in the slow shipping problem.

There is no way I am going to cancel a dispute before they will issue a refund ... especially a seller that ignores most messages.

I think intentionally posting bogus tracking information is a common tactic for some of the sellers. They try to make money with a little keyboard action instead of providing product. Maybe post the name of the seller on here so others can see who to avoid.
I suspect what may have happened on mine was they used the tracking number from the previous order they filled (which may have indeed been properly going to Wisconsin). I can't say if this was intentional or not, but it makes reasonable sense, if they are just filling one order after another all day.

I suspect what may have happened on mine was they used the tracking number from the previous order they filled (which may have indeed been properly going to Wisconsin). I can't say if this was intentional or not, but it makes reasonable sense, if they are just filling one order after another all day.

I'm sure there are legitimate mistakes like that which happen .... and those kind of mistakes are probably the majority of the problems .... but there are others that are trying to game the system. This is the 2nd case where the order followed a similar profile. In the other case, the seller would never respond to messages even after I started a dispute.

I am just trying to advise if you have an order that goes a right up to the deadline with no tracking info.... beware and keep close tabs on what you have ordered. It is easy to loose track of things because of the slow shipping if you have ordered several items.

Back