diy solar

diy solar

Axpert MKS IV 5.6kw No Output power (Batteryless)

LeoY

Hello i just installed my Axpert MKS IV 5.6kw with Utility + 6 405W panel (37 voc) without batteries.
As soon as i open i open the DC PV mcb and open the inverter to ON it starts beeping twice every 3 seconds.
Read in the manual the following-> 10 Output power is derated Beep twice every 3 second
Results in no load output at all.

Tested the inverter with only utility (AC IN) and it powers the load fine.
Maybe i need more panels to work battery less?
Any experience on this?

Update on the subject, tested with a 48v scooter battery I had around and it worked correctly. Seems my unit is not working without battery although it's advertised like that. I have the shop technician reach Voltronic on the matter.

Update made it work.

Writing a summary here for helping others on the baterryless feature of the MKS IV.

• It doesn't start immediately, beeps sometimes and if you leave it with load for 2-3 min it starts giving output ( no clue why this happens).
  • With around 210v indeed its working batteryless together with AC IN fine.
  • Went through the night with inverter going into bypass mode essentially providing the load from ac in completely. (average consumption of inverter around 50w), in the morning mppt engaged fine on its own.
  • When PV is available it does have a minimum threshold of ac and pv it mixes. If the load is low < 300w (haven't found exactly) then around 220-240w come from the AC IN and rest from the PV. As soon as you put a 1000-2000w load then PV engages and ac IN load goes down to 100-150w and rest comes from PV.
  • Load surges are first being supported by AC IN until mppt ramps up, then the load transfers to PV. Takes about 3-4seconds
  • No lights are flickering nor other issues for now. My whole house is almost** supplied by the Axpert.

Will come back after some time to report if running it batteryless has any impact at all overall.

** Except ceramic stove, well pump and heat geysers ( i have gas heater)

Hi LeoY,

I've been struggling with this inverter over the last week in a similar way. Your post seems very helpful (and hopeful!) and we seem to have a similar set up. Do you have any updates since your last post?

My unit seems to switch on, but never actually "latches" the inverter on with PV input only. PV input shows 180V, (5x425w panels in series) 0.0a and around 50 watts. I have checked every single connection and tested the actual current output of the solar array and it's definitely more than 0.0. Does this sound like the problems you were facing or am I dealing with a faulty unit?

Are you suggesting to leave it under load for 2-3 minutes and it will start outputting power?

Hi LeoY,

I've been struggling with this inverter over the last week in a similar way. Your post seems very helpful (and hopeful!) and we seem to have a similar set up. Do you have any updates since your last post?

My unit seems to switch on, but never actually "latches" the inverter on with PV input only. PV input shows 180V, (5x425w panels in series) 0.0a and around 50 watts. I have checked every single connection and tested the actual current output of the solar array and it's definitely more than 0.0. Does this sound like the problems you were facing or am I dealing with a faulty unit?

Are you suggesting to leave it under load for 2-3 minutes and it will start outputting power?
Yeah I pretty much bought a battery and all problems are gone. Your problem seems identical to mine. Using it without a battery is not worth it based on my experience anyway as the system is not efficient at all utilising all this sun and you have to constantly load the inverter based on the available pv which is not realistic in a typical home.

Back