diy solar

diy solar

Axpert VM III 48v 5kw vs Growatt SPF 5000 ES inverter

Fonsan

Hi Europe here,

TL DR;
What is the real world standby consumption of the Growatt SPF 5000 ES inverter?
The only win of paralleling/chaining inverters is that they can share the load?

After researching a bit for a 5kw all in one offgrid inverter I came across Axpert VM III that is being sold for 500 euros in a local retail chain here in Spain which is quite a bit cheaper than what I can find the the growatt for here 750-850 euros.

I have also found multiple quotes and user reports saying that the Axpert uses below 50watts in standby and I am not sure if this is higher or lower than the Growatt.

My main question is however if I would like to expand past one inverter in the future even though there is no way to parallel the two Axperts I could still install both and then shard/split my loads across them Kitchen on one, Water heater on the second etc but still connect both to the same lithium battery and separate pv setups? The only thing that the Growatt solves is that I don't have to do this selection?

I'd go with the Growatt Inverters, since you can parallel them out of the box. Also, the standby consumption those inverters is about the same as the Axpert VM III. Yes, it will cost more, but the safety factor is worth it.

Hi Europe here,

TL DR;
What is the real world standby consumption of the Growatt SPF 5000 ES inverter?
The only win of paralleling/chaining inverters is that they can share the load?

After researching a bit for a 5kw all in one offgrid inverter I came across Axpert VM III that is being sold for 500 euros in a local retail chain here in Spain which is quite a bit cheaper than what I can find the the growatt for here 750-850 euros.

I have also found multiple quotes and user reports saying that the Axpert uses below 50watts in standby and I am not sure if this is higher or lower than the Growatt.

My main question is however if I would like to expand past one inverter in the future even though there is no way to parallel the two Axperts I could still install both and then shard/split my loads across them Kitchen on one, Water heater on the second etc but still connect both to the same lithium battery and separate pv setups? The only thing that the Growatt solves is that I don't have to do this selection?
the axperts can be parrallelled, just may need a parrallel board

I'd go with the Growatt Inverters, since you can parallel them out of the box. Also, the standby consumption those inverters is about the same as the Axpert VM III. Yes, it will cost more, but the safety factor is worth it.
which safety factor are you reffering to ?

Back