diy solar

diy solar

Back to the drawings board

philatio

I have cancelled my order for the 18kwh Bluetti AC300 & B330 with spilt phase fusion box set up i previously due to delivery dates being pushed off by 3 months and all the issues I am reading that user are having.

This whole system was going to be hooked up to the 10 circuit manual transfer switch I have already had installed. It would have provided split phase 120V/240V 6000 watt (7200 watt surge).

My energy monitor stats from the house show that I would be good to go, even with my heat pump that is on a 25A breaker. Heat pump only, not the resistive coil for the emergency heat (60A breaker). Usage averages between 750 watts while I am working in my home office and peaks to 3000 watt when the heat pump comes on while watching TV etc as well.

So now I am thinking (a dangerous thing), is there any way to utilize the manual transfer switch that is now installed?

Not taking into consideration recharging batteries for a moment, would there be anyway to hook up some of the EG4 batteries to an off grid inverter and pump all of that through the already installed L14-30P inlet box?
I'm thinking this inverter:
6kW 48V 240VAC Split Phase 80A 150VDC Off-Grid Inverter by Growatt

With 2 to 4 of these when they restock:
48V 100AH LiFePower4 Battery by EG4

Even with 4 batteries, the cost would be less the the refund I got back from Bluetti after cancelling my order.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

I would prefer to see people purchase 'stackable' inverters so the system can expand if needed later. Non-stackable inverter can box you into a corner later.

Growatt has the SPF 5000 ES which is stackable...

Back