diy solar

diy solar

backfeeding energy into my home

I think my thread went off the rails some time back. I was just curious if anyone had used a single microinverter to lower their always on consumption from the grid. I don't want to segregate my home from the grid or anything else there. I was just wanting to know if anyone else had tried it. If i figure the 300w panel can produce 200 watts for 8 hours a day, at my power rate it would take 50 months to break even.

So here's a question. I have a generator that runs off a propane tank. I installed an Interlock switch on my main outdoor panel so when I use my generator I have to disconnect from the grid because that's how an Interlock setup works. So, I wonder if I can run my generator which in turn should fool my solar system in to believing there's grid power coming in and the panels would produce power?

Shouldn't be difficult to test that theory. Though if you are already running the genny, do you really need the added watts? And remember the watts being produced by the solar side can fluctuate wildly as clouds come and go.

Back