diy solar

diy solar

Backup Battery for Bluetti EB 150

Woodson

I own (2) Bluetti EB150 solar generators— we are very happy with the portability and the performance of these and they fit our needs perfectly.
I charge them up with a 400 W solar panel array.
However, i’m looking for a way to expand my battery storage capability.
How would I go about hooking up one (or two) of the SOK 206 amp hour batteries to my Bluetti? What I would like to do is to charge up the SOK battery with my Bluetti when the sun is out—maybe using a charging brick attached to the AC outlet of the Bluetti.
And then when the Bluetti runs low I would like to be able to hook up the SOK to the Bluetti to recharge the Bluetti internal batteries.
Can you help me in achieving this?
If a different battery other than the SOK would be better to use for this, I’m all for that.
And if you have a better idea of how to achieve this I would love to hear it!
Thank you! Richard

Something like this may solve the need to recharge the EB150 from the SOK batteries.

Something like this may solve the need to recharge the EB150 from the SOK batteries.
Thanks, Kevin—this looks promising!

Thanks, Kevin—this looks promising!
My D050S has a fuse issue in the cig lighter plug, Bluetti is sending a replacement cable. Hopefully that fixes the issue and it’s not the D050S unit itself. I was using it for charging my bluetti from a 12v outlet in back of my sprinter for a couple weeks, then the fuse issue started.

Back