diy solar

diy solar

Bad SCC or battery?

Yes. But I still think you need to check those batteries. I have a similar setup of 9 batteries in parallel. 4 of them are sealed. The other 5 I can check the specific gravity easily enough, but the only way to check the sealed ones is to disconnect them. One bad battery will harm the rest of the bank quickly.
When I pull everything apart, I have a battery load tester. Ill do each one individual before I put it in the bank

Ok. So I need to fix my battery draw points and redo my panels 2s2p?
Yes this is how it should be setup. Try 2 panels in series first, then the other 2 in series. If those work, put those in parallel. You still may have connection issues or possibly panel issues from running too many in parallel without fuses.

Ill do each one individual before I put it in the bank
Let us know what you find. Obviously remove any that test bad.

This should get you going.

Last edited:
I was pulling 20ish amps in. Now its only 4ish

EDIT: I just realized its still early and there's a bit of a hazy start to the day.. I'll recap after full sun.

Last edited:
Why is is floating at such a low voltage? Looks like a settings issue with the midnite

Why is is floating at such a low voltage? Looks like a settings issue with the midnite
Its not floating though... Its set at 13.5 float and 13.7 absorb. I never figured out why it says float mppt. It should be bulk mppt. I think that kicks in once the sun is roaring. I dunno

I just noticed my battery voltage goes up to 13 and then drops to 12.4v then jumps to 12.7 and tyen builds up to 13 and repeats...

Maybe that’s how midnite tests to verify the battery is in good health (was designed around FLA) and accepting the charge. That or it is changing the MPPT Vp for maximum power absorption.

How long were the pauses and adjustment of the voltage?

Milliseconds. It happens fast. But now its stopped doing that snd I am absorbing at 13.6... This is weird. The 2s2p setup did help. Still need to test batteries. I run a freezer off of it so i need to wait till it gets colder
Maybe that’s how midnite tests to verify the battery is in good health (was designed around FLA) and accepting the charge. That or it is changing the MPPT Vp for maximum power absorption.

How long were the pauses and adjustment of the voltage?

Back