diy solar

diy solar

Baffle for loud things

automatikdonn

Becoming Offgrid
This post is for @Will Prowse to show how to build a simple baffle for his ASIC Miner.

This is a pretty simplified view of the box, but you essentially want to cut out the middle of the inner baffle so you can attach it to the outer baffle in a way that does not inhibit airflow. I used a similar structure for my full size datacenter in my basement in my old house. I wanted to keep the noise down as low as possible, but not inhibit the airflow in any way. It worked for 6 years and I had 70+ servers.

If you attach drywall to the inner parts of the baffle and that noise canceling foam stuff it will really cut down the DB's from those fans. Drywall absorbs the fan noise extremely well. The foam stuff just helps with the whoosh of the fans after that.
MDF Baffle for ASIC Miner.png

Last edited:
Wow I need to build this! Yeah, the asic is ridiculously loud. I will give this a shot.
If you want I can draw up a better chart to show what the pieces should look like. In my system (which was the size of a 12ftx12ft room) I saw a 200% reduction in offensive noise (that super loud whine).

Here a link from my chart you can fork and edit to your liking.

Back