diy solar

diy solar

Bait and Switch AliExpress

Xristo

Hello, I have been looking on AliExpress to buy 16 New Grade A EVE 280Ah cells. I followed The link from Mobile Solar , took me to Sanben Global Battery Store and they have listed such EVE batteries $2,165 delivered in Aug also showing 991 in stock. But after I filled out my Credit card details and ordered, I got an email first to get my direct email and phone # and next day was told the EVE is out of stock but I could buy some other cells that were New and 290Ah $2,470. After several emails to try and identify this other it is REPT 280Ah and the specs say nothing about 290AH. The EVE ad is still up and when I asked why, they said it takes a long time to update, like 6 days since I ordered. From what I have been reading about the REPT/Lishen I am disinclined to pay the extra $300 for them especially with the apparent "bait and switch " technique being used. Thinking out loud now, perhaps even if they do have the EVE cells I probably can't trust they are good and it might be better to pay more $ for less AH here in the US where i should have more recourse for returns if unsatisfactory.

On Alibaba - I'm not sure about Aliexpress - is a link to message or chat with a representative. Getting personal verification that an item is in stock and ready to ship would be more helpful than ordering something on a page that often has misleading info by accident or design.

Get in touch with AlieExpress help right away, they will talk directly to seller and force them to 1) Ship original item (EVE cells in your case) or 2) Start a refund process. Don't fall for these scams, never pay any extra than original price. Aliexpress hates and punishes such sellers btw.

On Alibaba - I'm not sure about Aliexpress - is a link to message or chat with a representative. Getting personal verification that an item is in stock and ready to ship would be more helpful than ordering something on a page that often has misleading info by accident or design.
Yes, you are right, AliExpress has a messaging system. not direct chat.

Get in touch with AlieExpress help right away, they will talk directly to seller and force them to 1) Ship original item (EVE cells in your case) or 2) Start a refund process. Don't fall for these scams, never pay any extra than original price. Aliexpress hates and punishes such sellers btw.
Thanks, trying to do that now.

As a seasoned vet here... my only suggestion is to cancel the order immediately & request a refund if anything has been paid. If they balk and start with the usual tactics, do not hesitate and contact your CC company and launch a claim. This has been seen far too many times with various sellers. We do know of Good Reputable dealers with equal to better pricing than what these characters offered. The longer you take to stop the nonsense, the harder it will be.

As a seasoned vet here... my only suggestion is to cancel the order immediately & request a refund if anything has been paid. If they balk and start with the usual tactics, do not hesitate and contact your CC company and launch a claim. This has been seen far too many times with various sellers. We do know of Good Reputable dealers with equal to better pricing than what these characters offered. The longer you take to stop the nonsense, the harder it will be.
Order cancelled on my side, thanks.

Order cancelled on my side, thanks.
The seller kept trying to sell me their REPT cells, then said:
"the price of 16PCS EVE280AH battery is 3200USD. If you need this super A-class battery, you need to make up the difference of 1034 dollars."

After my polite but firm response, the order was immediately cancelled from their end. However their page not only still advertises the original EVE cells the quantity available has gone from 991 to 4779 items. So it appears they are able to update that page.
There doesn't appear to be any way to notify AliExpress. Their complaint procedure seems only to be about disputed receipt of goods or refund after return.
The Eve bot on AliExpress informs me my refund will take 3 to 22 days.

Which is why folks suggested you contact your CC / PayPal or whatever immediately. This is a well trodden path thanks to the many sheister's out there.
Thank you Steve, for concern, American Express, says to give it a couple of days as they can't get a return any quicker, they say reporting it that I have done my due diligence, they have always had our back previously as have other CC's like USBank.

Found your thread about SANBEN Global Battery in google search. I am currently trying to get $900 of my money back from these clowns. Same story, they showed EVE cells in stock, as soon as they got my money they immediately text me saying they were out of stock and offered something else. I said just give me my money back and they didnt. Instead they told me I wont find EVE cells anywhere and then offered me the other cells again. I called my credit card and they told me I have to wait 14 days before filing with them even tho i told them they are refusing to give me my money back... dont understand that but ok. 'msg'd aliexpress a told them whats going on and havent heard back from them, either. VERY frustrating. Also something fishy about their feedback system... not one negative thing about them on Aliexpress which I find ery hard to believe if this is the sort of thing they do.

If this is the sort of garbage Aliexpress allows on their site I'm surprised anyone risks dealing with them at all.

Last edited:
Found your thread about SANBEN Global Battery in google search. I am currently trying to get $900 of my money back from these clowns. Same story, they showed EVE cells in stock, as soon as they got my money they immediately text me saying they were out of stock and offered something else. I said just give me my money back and they didnt. Instead they told me I wont find EVE cells anywhere and then offered me the other cells again. I called my credit card and they told me I have to wait 14 days before filing with them even tho i told them they are refusing to give me my money back... dont understand that but ok. 'msg'd aliexpress a told them whats going on and havent heard back from them, either. VERY frustrating. Also something fishy about their feedback system... not one negative thing about them on Aliexpress which I find ery hard to believe if this is the sort of thing they do.

If this is the sort of garbage Aliexpress allows on their site I'm surprised anyone risks dealing with them at all.
Sorry to hear that jojoOttawa, How did you message AliExpress as I haven't seen a link for that? Their support email page comes up "Page under Maintenance" And you are right about their 100% positive feedback, it is dubious and makes the AliExpress platform look suspect especially when you can't actually report these guys for "bait and switch" even when they are still running the same ad right now.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

I will keep you posted.

Just as an FYI, "Brand new grade A cells" translates to grey market commodity cells. The commodity cells are a better value, but any vendor who actually sales grade A cells (I know of only one) buys them direct from Eve, and is not out of stock (because Eve still makes them).
You can get real cells, but you do pay extra for that.

Just as an FYI, "Brand new grade A cells" translates to grey market commodity cells. The commodity cells are a better value, but any vendor who actually sales grade A cells (I know of only one) buys them direct from Eve, and is not out of stock (because Eve still makes them).
You can get real cells, but you do pay extra for that.
Yes I am seeing around $3000 for 16 cells on a site. I did email the EV manufacturer last week but no reply.

Relief for me my refund on American Express came through this morning, but I have no idea if that was pressure from Amex or not. The person I had to argue with was Iris <sales01@threecreating.com> who claimed in an email "I am the Sanben Global Battery Store on the Aliexpress platform.". They are still advertising the same cells.

Yes I am seeing around $3000 for 16 cells on a site. I did email the EV manufacturer last week but no reply.
This is the only site that I know for a fact sells true grade A cells:

I've purchased from Amy twice now. If you can afford the extra, you know what you are getting, and they are never out of stock.
She also sells commodity cells, and I'm pretty sure she is out of stock on those like everyone else.
Lots of experience with Amy here on the forum.

Relief for me my refund on American Express came through this morning, but I have no idea if that was pressure from Amex or not. The person I had to argue with was Iris <sales01@threecreating.com> who claimed in an email "I am the Sanben Global Battery Store on the Aliexpress platform.". They are still advertising the same cells.
Usually, they will delay and try to influence/pressure you into buying what they want to sell you. You don't have to.
But in the end, if you are firm, they know they won't win if the credit card company does a chargeback, and if enough chargebacks occur, Visa or Mastercard will either drop them, or charge them a LOT more fees. So just be firm, and explicit, "I wanted that, they don't have that, so I want my money back".

This is the only site that I know for a fact sells true grade A cells:

I've purchased from Amy twice now. If you can afford the extra, you know what you are getting, and they are never out of stock.
She also sells commodity cells, and I'm pretty sure she is out of stock on those like everyone else.
Lots of experience with Amy here on the forum.
Thanks Just John.

They finally said they will refund me after I told them I have filed a complaint about them with my credit card and Aliexpress (some chat thing i managed to find i left a msg but no response). The fact that Aliexpress makes it impossible to complain about its vendors and that their feedback system can be so easily manipulated are good signs to never use this site. I'm still waiting for the money to show up on my card.. I'm not worried I know I'll get but gawd damn they have wasted my time. I wish I could reach through the screen and grab them by the neck and throttle them.

In their last reply they said sure we'll give you your money back but you wont find any eve cells anywhere. I replied... I might have trusted you and bought these other cells but you have been so dishonest and frustrating to deal with I would never risk give you a dime of my money and I will go an as many sites as I can and warn people about you so the second someone googles your name they will see complaints about you, like I did when I googled your name.

Back