diy solar

diy solar

Bait and Switch AliExpress

This is the only site that I know for a fact sells true grade A cells:

I've purchased from Amy twice now. If you can afford the extra, you know what you are getting, and they are never out of stock.
Amy maybe feeling a bit shaken at the moment "
"The SEG Plaza in Shenzhen has been closed until an official investigation into the shaking has been completed"

Amy maybe feeling a bit shaken at the moment "
"The SEG Plaza in Shenzhen has been closed until an official investigation into the shaking has been completed"
I could be wrong, but I don't think Amy makes enough profit to afford anything other than a mailbox. That is an interesting article though.

Sorry to hear that jojoOttawa, How did you message AliExpress as I haven't seen a link for that? Their support email page comes up "Page under Maintenance" And you are right about their 100% positive feedback, it is dubious and makes the AliExpress platform look suspect especially when you can't actually report these guys for "bait and switch" even when they are still running the same ad right now.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

I will keep you posted.

You can get in touch with human customer service via Eve bot. I don't remember what to click exaclty, but I was able to get in touch fairly quickly, and customer service was really helpful in my case.

Starmax is another.... they advertise Eve cells.... the second they get your money they tell you they are out of stock... and this was on Alibaba.... what an awful site Aliexpress and Alibaba are. I honestly have no idea why anyone would risk their money with these places.

Donghuan Lightning Energy replied after I paid saying they were out of stock, but could upgrade me to the RPT280 for same price. 64 arrived (I can’t tell any difference between the different model numbers- they all look the same online and only minor differences from my first batch from LiitoKala that read .15 mohms IR) 7 weeks later in excellent condition, close on voltages and .25-.26 mohms internal resistance on each battery.
I just sent an inquiry to Amy. I want the genuine new cells this time. I need about 96 more batteries for my solar bank.

Wow! The second company I went through did the exact same thing to me after I asked them if they were sure they were in stock... I asked for my money back and it was minus some $14 transaction fee alibaba takes. Unbelievable.

So the third try I went with Vicky Peng with Shenzen Basen Technology after them getting a good review from a youtube guy I watch. I ask for 8 REPT cells and ask them if they are in stock... all good... and BAM! I get a msg from Vicky Peng telling me they are out of stock and if I'm ok waiting. I swear to god this effing site of the worst experience I have ever had online commerce. Now I have to get my money back from these idiots as well and I'm sure Alibaba will keep another $15 for transaction fee. Makes me sick.

The experience has put me off AliExpress too also because there isn't a complaint service, the stats for Sanben are sketchy considering their BS and B&S practice.

Wow! The second company I went through did the exact same thing to me after I asked them if they were sure they were in stock... I asked for my money back and it was minus some $14 transaction fee alibaba takes. Unbelievable.

So the third try I went with Vicky Peng with Shenzen Basen Technology after them getting a good review from a youtube guy I watch. I ask for 8 REPT cells and ask them if they are in stock... all good... and BAM! I get a msg from Vicky Peng telling me they are out of stock and if I'm ok waiting. I swear to god this effing site of the worst experience I have ever had online commerce. Now I have to get my money back from these idiots as well and I'm sure Alibaba will keep another $15 for transaction fee. Makes me sick.
You should dispute the transaction fee with your bank. Alibaba should be charging the seller that fee, not you. If enough people do, this practice will soon stop, or Alibaba will no longer have access to accept credit cards. If you verified in advance and can prove you did, the seller should be covering the fee. Trust me, the banks have the ability to take that fee back from Alibaba.

I ordered 16 pcs 210ah “grade A” cells from Sanben Global Battery Store early June. Yes, I paid a premium price. They provided UPS tracking number. I told them they will be tested and I will provide results on this forum. I told them Integrity and quality products are what we want. We’ll see.
Then after reading this thread, I contacted Amy from szluyuan last night and ordered 32 true grade A cells. She was the most professional salesperson I’ve done business with from AliExpress/Alibaba. I’m looking forward to receiving these batteries.

I ordered 16 pcs 210ah “grade A” cells from Sanben Global Battery Store early June. Yes, I paid a premium price. They provided UPS tracking number. I told them they will be tested and I will provide results on this forum. I told them Integrity and quality products are what we want. We’ll see.
Then after reading this thread, I contacted Amy from szluyuan last night and ordered 32 true grade A cells. She was the most professional salesperson I’ve done business with from AliExpress/Alibaba. I’m looking forward to receiving these batteries.
Probably too late for you, but if you give the "code", you get double busbars, and a small percentage off.

"Please use this code: "DIYsolar" when placing an order.

Extra 2% off for all products,

free double busbars (including screws and washers),

free upgraded screws and nuts (for batteries with M6 Thread)"

Amy has gotten good advice from a few forum members and knows what you want. The genuine grade A cells are never out of stock, since she gets them from Eve direct. At least for me, she sent a link that had the test reports for the cells ordered.

For the commodity cells, she has the same problems getting stock as anyone else, the grey market has ups and downs. Commodity cells are a better value, but with her grade A cells, you get exactly what you pay for. Like I said, every single vendor claims "grade A" cells, to the best of my knowledge, Amy is the only vendor delivering them. I'm sure others could make arrangement with Eve like Amy did, but in the race to the lowest price, I'm not aware of others who did. Commodity cells are a better value, more amp hours per dollar, but they are also a risk.

More and more it's becoming imperative to get America back in the game of manufacturing.
It's going to get worse if that does not happen.
You find the perfect battery at a great price, you contact the seller who tells you that it's not available, but can sell you something similar.
Substitute used car for battery, and it's no different from the American way of doing business.
And yes, I've been shopping for an EV. :giggle:

You find the perfect battery at a great price, you contact the seller who tells you that it's not available, but can sell you something similar.
Substitute used car for battery, and it's no different from the American way of doing business.
And yes, I've been shopping for an EV. :giggle:
The leaders in government and business do not want manufacturing back in the USA. They’ve been reaping the benefits of outsourcing our manufacturing jobs for 40 years.

Amy has gotten good advice from a few forum members and knows what you want. The genuine grade A cells are never out of stock, since she gets them from Eve direct. At least for me, she sent a link that had the test reports for the cells ordered.
She did the same for me, showing the 25 cells tested and the best 16 selected. Photos and documentation every step of the way.

And yes, I've been shopping for an EV.
Except in America we joke about the used car dealer (that way of doing business).

The leaders in government and business do not want manufacturing back in the USA. They’ve been reaping the benefits of outsourcing our manufacturing jobs for 40 years.
the leaders ?
doesnt have anything to do with leaders, but capitalism..
you manufactor where the biggest cost (labour) is the lowest

the leaders ?
doesnt have anything to do with leaders, but capitalism..
you manufactor where the biggest cost (labour) is the lowest
Capitalism is NOT "selling off our manufacturing industry to china at the behest of the lobbying industry (corporations)" that, is actually government working hand in hand with business, a.k.a. Fascism. What we have in America is not capitalism, but "crony capitalism". Big difference. Almost every instance where it has gone wrong can be traced to government interference.

Capitalism is NOT "selling off our manufacturing industry to china at the behest of the lobbying industry (corporations)" that, is actually government working hand in hand with business, a.k.a. Fascism. What we have in America is not capitalism, but "crony capitalism". Big difference. Almost every instance where it has gone wrong can be traced to government interference.
If you think so, start your own business and do it better.

You'll find that people vote with their wallets long before government intervention becomes an issue.

Except in America we joke about the used car dealer (that way of doing business).

True. I'm old enough to remember when the business practices of lying and misrepresentation were considered shameful, and people would be socially ostracized for engaging in them.

Not only that, they were actually prosecuted by local, State, and Federal governments as crimes.

Today they won't even stop robocallers from harrassing the elderly.

If you think so, start your own business and do it better.

You'll find that people vote with their wallets long before government intervention becomes an issue.
Yes, and through the wall of regulations that has been built up slowly over time to absolutely suffocate small business. (Upon taking on a single employee you basically have to hire an accountant/lawyer for all the paperwork involved not to mention workers comp medical etc. etc.). That wall of regulations has been lobbied for by big corporations who can easily absorb the cost into their massive structure. The same corporations who have profited massively by outsourcing jobs to china over the past decades. Government intervention IS an issue, they have the masses under one threat or another be it sales tax reporting or parking tickets you name it.

Back