diy solar

diy solar

Balancing BattleBorns

Zen

My BattleBorns arrived in 2 days from Reno and showed identical voltages (13.24V), confirming factory balancing.

I figured I didn't need any balancing and was ready to wire these up in series. However, I thought it would be good practice and I wanted to learn about my hall effect sensor and practice with some XT connectors...so parallel'd em up with 4AWG.

Does it take forever and a day to actually reach 0.0 amps OR am I just seeing the +/- 0.3A variation stated in the sensor "manual"?

Multimeter on amperage DC shows 0.0 current passing. Recalibrated, reset Bayite Sensor and I still show 0.2A.

Normal variance? What is close enough to consider fully balanced?

Is a decent multimeter the most accurate way to get true readings?

IMG_20191002_173431 (2).jpg

You need voltage to push amps. What you are doing is a waste of time.

You need voltage to push amps. What you are doing is a waste of time.
Thanks for the reply? Do you have any helpful information besides managing my time?

Equalizing BattleBorns through parallel connection with an amp meter shows up in a few of Will's instructional videos.

I clearly stated that this is for LEARNING as the voltages were identical. I'm not here to waste anyone else's time; I plan on wasting lots of my own. This system won't be deployed for another 5 months, so I'm pretty good on schedule...

Trying to get familiar with the Hall Effect Sensor and equalizing batteries...

Normal variance? What is close enough to consider fully balanced?

Is a decent multimeter the most accurate way to get true readings?

Thanks all for any input.

Sorry I didn't want to offend you. Hook positive to positive and negative to negative. and charge tell both batteries disconnect. Check with battleborn as to the voltage IE 14.6 volts this will get them as close as your gonna get with a drop in type pac.

Not a problem. In the 2 hours I spent, I learned to solder and seal XT connectors, found all the relevant tools for battery connection, hooked up and experimented with the voltage/amp tester and many other useful things...so yeah, a bit confused why it was assumed I was wasting time. Was super productive for me, so not a problem.

I assume that what you are describing is top balancing/charging. I don't care about charging right now at all. That will happen when I hook up the all-in-one and ac power. I was trying to get familiar with the process of bottom balancing/equalizing as I hope to add more batteries in the near future.

Back