diy solar

diy solar

Based in Groningen, The Netherlands

Welcome Jordi, Tappah and foster82. I worked at Fokker for 6 months and I stayed in Bergin Op Zoom.
That's not really close to you but I miss the Netherlands.
Good luck with your solar and battery projects.
hey, that just 30 minutes from where i am.
never knew fokker had a plant in bergen op zoom

I also live in the Netherlands (Zuid Holland) - just starting my journey on solar + Li-ion systems. It will be great to connect with fellow DIY solar enthusiasts!
hi jordy, breda, also the netherlands
Hi guys, I am happy to see new people is joining. Here in Groningen area we were and suppose still are a few solar enthusiasts. Winter of last year I met tappah in Groningen and before things got worse we were talking about a group meeting.

I believe most of us would like to learn from each other, understand what each of us is busy with and even If possible, to see it.

You being in Breda makes it quite challenging for a group meeting, but at least we can always share common topics like the dutch solar compensation scheme which is going to change soon or the frequent agglomeration of cloudy days which makes it challenging to rely on batteries.

Guys, what are you busy with?

Hi guys, I am happy to see new people is joining. Here in Groningen area we were and suppose still are a few solar enthusiasts. Winter of last year I met tappah in Groningen and before things got worse we were talking about a group meeting.

I believe most of us would like to learn from each other, understand what each of us is busy with and even If possible, to see it.

You being in Breda makes it quite challenging for a group meeting, but at least we can always share common topics like the dutch solar compensation scheme which is going to change soon or the frequent agglomeration of cloudy days which makes it challenging to rely on batteries.

Guys, what are you busy with?
as for me :

had 2* mpp solar mpi 10k and 100kwh of tesla modules in my old house , which i sold.
bought a new home about a year ago, replaced all gas by all electric and rebuilding my solar as a green field, adding when budget allows.
done so far :

build my own racking for a 4 kwh flat roof
installed 4kwh consisting of 2 strings of 8 250watt used panels.
installed a voltronic axpert 8000 max grid assisted inverter, ordered 2 more ( 3 phase installation ) , expecting delivery in a week.
currently have 32 150ah calb cells, hopefully to be expanded soon with 32 310ah cells.

currently building a groundmount to add 30 more panels, hopefully 544 watt panels, but that will take some more time.

that's about it ;)

@Hedges
Shit you made made me really laugh with this song...
yes i am a below the river dutchie....born and raised(not rotjeknor but a true Brabander), cheers mate....
And thanks

as for me :

currently have 32 150ah calb cells, hopefully to be expanded soon with 32 310ah cells.

currently building a groundmount to add 30 more panels, hopefully 544 watt panels, but that will take some more time.

that's about it ;)

Are you trying to sell those? I saw a listing at Marktplaats for someone who had 32 pieces..

If you're lucky, selling those can cover the price of new 310Ah cells.. (which will take a long time - shipping is slow these days, prices are increasing and some BMSses are also becoming more expensive / out of stock)

Slightly jealous on those bigger setups.. still on my wish list.. But without any options for solar (VVE which doesn't allow it - even if the roof is perfectly suitable) I don't have it for now..

Only have 4 280Ah cells in my campervan.. If I ever find a nice new house I'll go for a massive DIY bank, at that time the electricity prices are getting up I think, and its a matter of time before prices are based on demand, which makes installing your own storage much more attractive.

Are you trying to sell those? I saw a listing at Marktplaats for someone who had 32 pieces..

If you're lucky, selling those can cover the price of new 310Ah cells.. (which will take a long time - shipping is slow these days, prices are increasing and some BMSses are also becoming more expensive / out of stock)

Slightly jealous on those bigger setups.. still on my wish list.. But without any options for solar (VVE which doesn't allow it - even if the roof is perfectly suitable) I don't have it for now..

Only have 4 280Ah cells in my campervan.. If I ever find a nice new house I'll go for a massive DIY bank, at that time the electricity prices are getting up I think, and its a matter of time before prices are based on demand, which makes installing your own storage much more attractive.
no i sold my whole old setup as a part of the house ( or rather as an extra to be bought with the house, which the buyer opted to do as extra expense)

O yes they can be pretty difficult to handle.
Two panels on your balcony? under your windows outside? just being creative....(against our roberment for sure.....)

START NOW AND KEEP IT, i sold 106kwh li ion cells 95% soh....shoot me

De gekste....lampekap!
nee de gekste komen uit eindhoven ;)

nee de gekste komen uit eindhoven ;)
Euh weleens carnaval gevierd? wat is lampekap?...Philips?...Eindhoven?
Ik ben geboren en getogen in hapert toen het nog een durpke was, voor de industrie opgang kwam daar(50)
Is niet erg iedereen maakt fouten, maar het eerste bierje krijg je van mij!
Tegen de here kende nie meutelen zoals tegen nen bok kende nie keutelen!!!proost makker.
Met een vriendelijke (en ras echte bourgondische) brabantse groet
Igor

Euh weleens carnaval gevierd? wat is lampekap?...Philips?...Eindhoven?
Ik ben geboren en getogen in hapert toen het nog een durpke was, voor de industrie opgang kwam daar(50)
Is niet erg iedereen maakt fouten, maar het eerste bierje krijg je van mij!
Tegen de here kende nie meutelen zoals tegen nen bok kende nie keutelen!!!proost makker.
Met een vriendelijke (en ras echte bourgondische) brabantse groet
Igor
igor, ik ben amerikaan, en woon pas sinds 1995 in nederland ;)
nederlands is goed, maar brabants kan ik niet volgen.
mijn heel erg brabantse vrouw wel trouwens ;)

Leg haar dan maar de post voor die je ge "qoute" hebt, dan zul je ervaren wat een stukje bourgondier is op een buitelands forum...komt goed, en nee geen foute bedoelingen of what so ever, eens een branbander altijd een brabander...althans de oude garde! de nieuwere generaties heb ik mijn twijvels over...30 jaar (40 is twijfel)en jonger geboren en getogen brabanders dus.
Ik kan me nog dorpsfeesten herinneren met een varken aan het spit op het plein.....

Having lived both in Noord-Brabant and Groningen, is that in the south there are more popular celebrations and people are more fond of the terras&biertje combo.

Terras and beer north Brabant...always welcome as a friend for a bbq,,,try this in West Friesland....try over here to give a beer..not my people,north brabant(the original) is way different, if you fit in or where born there....

Back