diy solar

diy solar

Basen 12V 200Ah Lifepo4

jamiko

I saw a Youtube tear down video about the Basen 12v 100ah version, but I saw they have a 12v 200ah version. The 100ah is $351 including shipping and the 200ah is $574 including shipping. As with most Alibaba listings there is a lot of confusing and contradicting information. I'm looking at a 24V 200ah battery so maybe two of there in series which would be $1140 including shipping. Better price then other ready to go batteries. Can anyone share any experiences with these batteries?

100ah info from tear down video:
Bluetooth JBD BMS
low temp protection
continuous charge 50A
continuous discharge 100A
peak discharge 260A for 3 seconds

200ah info from battery box front:
unknown type of BMS
low temp protection
continuous charge 100A
continuous discharge 150A
peak discharge 400A for 3 seconds

Really seems like prebuilt Lifepo4 prices are dropping fast. Chins are down to $379 on Amazon, but still no low temp disconnect its seems.

This battery is very interesting, JBD BMS with bluetooth and low temp disconnect, Gotion High Tech cells, decent build quality, if it was on Amazon for $400 with decent reviews I would probably be buying two.

Only thing to worry about here is the battery was sent for review so hopefully its representative of a normally purchased product and they didn't pull any shenanigans like better than normal BMS or hand picked cells.

I saw that video too and it got me interested. Unfortunately it's out of budget right now, but when my neighbor gets to the point where we need to replace his FLA's those are right in the ball park of comparable AGM batteries.

Hopefully prices continue to go down, getting started in LiFePo4 is still too rich for my blood.

Last edited:
Yep hitting a threshold for me, prebuilt LFP's are hitting the same price as my Lifeline AGM's that I need to replace soon, pretty wild really, Chins are down to $360 now on Amazon, $19 drop in 4 days, makes me wonder whats going on in the LFP world.

Hmmm... looking at the 200Ah versions for the neighbor's place, looks like about $2k for the 4 that I'd need for his 48v system. I wonder if I can fit that in the budget envelope since I was already planning on $1200 in FLA to get him 180Ah already... hhhhmmmm....

That extra $180/battery for shipping really hurts though... still might be worth it in the future...

Last edited:
Hey @jamiko

Did you buy from Basen in the end?

I am currently looking into getting 4 of the Basen 12V 300Ah Lifepo4, and its about 4600 CAD to ship to B.C. Canada.

I have found a mix positive and negative reviews about the quality

Wait time is not my concern, but the potential grade B component and dent during the shipment worries me @@

Back