diy solar

diy solar

Basen Rewrapping CATL, other 280AH as Lishen?

If you read all the posts in this thread you will find it seems they are all Lishen.
Yeah, I was going to say that based on the terminal shape but didn't want to wade into this discussion/rant without reading the whole thread. There are some comparison photos of the three manufacturers but they are basically:

CATL - more square terminal riser and maybe two nubs off a circular terminal
Lishen - one nub off of a circular terminal
EVE - eye-shaped terminals

I got the same note as the OP. The wrapping appeared to be well done. The stickers next to the QR code indicated the 8 cells came from two different lots. Seems to me a manufacturer could put any QR code on or a supplier any sticker on they want to move product. So I have relied on the experience of others as to what outfit I chose to purchase from.

Hi Everybody,

I just received 16 272AH cells from Basen on Saturday. They were ordered as Lishen 280AH, new Grade A, matched set in December. They appear to be multiple brands re-wrapped in blue PVC by Basen, bubbles and all. The batteries have several different vent color/config (photo below). 4 appear to be CATL ("broken" blue ring), 5 another brand (continuous blue ring), and 7 Lishen (clear vent, no blue) as ordered. Does anyone recognize the continuous blue ring's manufacturer?View attachment 35492

The package included a note from Basen stating that Lishen provided the cells to Basen without any wrapping, so Basen did it in-house. Plausible, except if Basen wrapped several different brands and sent them to customers as Lishen. Anyone else get the note and different battery brands?
View attachment 35493

The QR codes are there, partially tucked under a new top cover. Despite the vent differences, the QRs all share the same format: 08BCBPB119C0519CSA121651, 08BCBPB21AA011AAK1101784, 08BCBPB119B1319BWA210029, etc. All start with an 08BCBPB. Are these Lishen factory formats? What are the odds that different brands all share the same QR? I searched the web and forum and can't find any Lishen factory QR examples. Can anyone share some?
View attachment 35494

Regarding condition, the 7 Lishen and 4 CATL are resting within 0.010v or less, but the 5 unknown with the continuous blue vent ring are noticeably lower by 0.018v on average.

I've contacted Basen and would like to think that it's all a simple misunderstanding and these are all Lishen batteries, but between the re-wrap story and different vents, while sharing conforming QR codes, have my doubts. In addition, there are discussions noted in forums that Basen ran out of Lishen batteries in late-December to early January and was only offering CATL or others. I really don't want to combine different brands, ages, specs into one bank. Anyone else run into this?

--Thanks
Based on your QR code description, the cells are Lishen. The vendor code of Lishen is "08B", which is true in your case. I believe the vendor codes are as follows:
Lishen is "08B"
EVE is '02Y',
EVE Power is "04Q",
CALB is "0B5",
Ganfeng is "0AL", and
CATL is "001"? (I haven't seen it myself for CATL).
The vendor code is usually the first 3 alpha numeric digits. And based on your serial QR code (last 10 a-digits), your cells are manufactured in 2019 and 2020.

As I commented on this thread and another, I was not happy with Basen's ploy of switching product and not delivering what was promised. For my next order I decided to spend more money to actually get what was offered (grade A) based on comments on this site. I went with Amy at Shenzhen Luyuan. When last I posted the cells had not arrived. The first order now has. Shipping was slow due to the backlog at Los Angeles and I'm waiting for the last box of 8 to arrive that FedEx decided to send to New York rather than Wyoming. After two months in shipping all the cells measured 3.29 volts. Two of the 14 cells I have received to date varied in resistance by only .01 ohms from the rest. They were packaged two to a box and well wrapped in insulating foam. All the cells were pristine in appearance. Conclusion: I actually got grade A EVE cells. Amy was very attentive. I will not hesitate to recommend them and will be ordering again. Caveat: I'm new to this solar chit so have little experience to fall back on.

Hi Everybody,

I just received 16 272AH cells from Basen on Saturday. They were ordered as Lishen 280AH, new Grade A, matched set in December. They appear to be multiple brands re-wrapped in blue PVC by Basen, bubbles and all. The batteries have several different vent color/config (photo below). 4 appear to be CATL ("broken" blue ring), 5 another brand (continuous blue ring), and 7 Lishen (clear vent, no blue) as ordered. Does anyone recognize the continuous blue ring's manufacturer?View attachment 35492

The package included a note from Basen stating that Lishen provided the cells to Basen without any wrapping, so Basen did it in-house. Plausible, except if Basen wrapped several different brands and sent them to customers as Lishen. Anyone else get the note and different battery brands?
View attachment 35493

The QR codes are there, partially tucked under a new top cover. Despite the vent differences, the QRs all share the same format: 08BCBPB119C0519CSA121651, 08BCBPB21AA011AAK1101784, 08BCBPB119B1319BWA210029, etc. All start with an 08BCBPB. Are these Lishen factory formats? What are the odds that different brands all share the same QR? I searched the web and forum and can't find any Lishen factory QR examples. Can anyone share some?
View attachment 35494

Regarding condition, the 7 Lishen and 4 CATL are resting within 0.010v or less, but the 5 unknown with the continuous blue vent ring are noticeably lower by 0.018v on average.

I've contacted Basen and would like to think that it's all a simple misunderstanding and these are all Lishen batteries, but between the re-wrap story and different vents, while sharing conforming QR codes, have my doubts. In addition, there are discussions noted in forums that Basen ran out of Lishen batteries in late-December to early January and was only offering CATL or others. I really don't want to combine different brands, ages, specs into one bank. Anyone else run into this?

--Thanks

These are cells produced in different years. Here are decoded information for 08BCBPB21AA011AAK1101784, 08BCBPB119B1319BWA210029 from https://www.gobelpower.com/lifepo4_decoder.html

20220209181202.png

20220209181236.png

Back