diy solar

diy solar

BatMON

Delphinus

Anyone try to use JK BMS in home assistant using this add-on?

BatMON

Still relatively new to homeassistant and can find how to install the add-on, any help will be appreciated.

Finally I manage get BatMON working and if anyone has questions I can try to help.

This piece of software is very simple to work and gives all the info of multiple BMS, you only need Home Assistant and a Bluetooth dongle.

I also get the data from Victron Smart Shunt, at the moment monitor it and 3 JK BMS.

Attachments

• batmon.png
    batmon.png
    194.1 KB · Views: 23
Finally I manage get BatMON working and if anyone has questions I can try to help.

This piece of software is very simple to work and gives all the info of multiple BMS, you only need Home Assistant and a Bluetooth dongle.

I also get the data from Victron Smart Shunt, at the moment monitor it and 3 JK BMS.
Yeah, nice, i got it working also yesterday with two jk bmses.. Didnt used to work, but the op pushed a fix, and now it does yay

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230430_211610_Home Assistant.jpg
    Screenshot_20230430_211610_Home Assistant.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 13
BatMON is now more stable and latest release 0.0.63 even give more info, the main problem I found was in the JK BMS, many times it won't close the Bluetooth connection and it prevent BatMON to connect, we need to turn off and on the bms, with Victron shunt work without problems.

In my opinion for those with multiple BMS this is the best and easy to implement solution for HomeAssistant, no need for converters and ESP that only work with one BMS at the time.

The bt_power_cycle and be able to turn on charge and discharge of the BMS was a great improvement.

BatMON is now more stable and latest release 0.0.63 even give more info, the main problem I found was in the JK BMS, many times it won't close the Bluetooth connection and it prevent BatMON to connect, we need to turn off and on the bms, with Victron shunt work without problems.

In my opinion for those with multiple BMS this is the best and easy to implement solution for HomeAssistant, no need for converters and ESP that only work with one BMS at the time.

The bt_power_cycle and be able to turn on charge and discharge of the BMS was a great improvement.
Yeah its awsome, was able to turn off both bms's charging at work when one of the cell voltages was getting to high. (bms wasnt shutting down as the cell balancing was not allowing the cell over voltage to be to high for over 10 seconds) I have 2 connected and dont have any probs with the bluetooth not closing when rebooting HA etc...

I'm slow on this. I already installed the batmon and the mqtt broker in addon but I'm stucked what the next step to add the jk to dashboard.

Well, I need some help if you don't mind.

I have set it up but can't see any data.

MQTT is already configured to SolarAssistant

Back