diy solar

diy solar

Batrium BMS Main Battery Terminal Connections

Henderson

Solar Enthusiast
Firstly, please forgive this very novice question but I am a bit confused about how to connect the Batrium BMS (Watchmon Core). I fully get how to connect the K9s to the Watchmon and the CMU and all that, but I am not sure where the main battery terminals connect to the Batriums. For example, in the world of JKS, JBD/overkill, Seplos, Daly etc, it is extremely obvious just by looking at those boards, where the main battery negative goes and in the case of Seplos, both main battery negative and positive. With Batrium, I am not seeing this by looking at the device and haven't seen anything on their site which makes the answer obvious either. All the youtube videos I've seen all seem to talk about connecting the wiring for cell monitoring but not the main battery terminals. At one point, I was thinking the Batrium shunt was a requirement and that's where the main battery terminal would be wired into but in a a few other posts, I see persons mentioning that the shunt was optional. I'm quite lost in terms of where/how the main battery terminals are connected to the Batrium (as novice as it may be). And even more lost if I am using say 3x 48V LifePo4 batteries with Batrium. Would appreciate this forum's feedback.

This post is a few days old so I hope you’ve found your answer by now but incase you haven’t or to help someone in the future…

You don’t connect the main battery terminals to a Batrium other than to supply power to the BMS itself. All of your loads get connected directly to the battery through a breaker or contactor that the WatchMon controls.

Here’s a diagram from Batrium wiki https://wiki.batrium.com/wiring/watchmon-wiring-diagram

This post is a few days old so I hope you’ve found your answer by now but incase you haven’t or to help someone in the future…

You don’t connect the main battery terminals to a Batrium other than to supply power to the BMS itself. All of your loads get connected directly to the battery through a breaker or contactor that the WatchMon controls.

Here’s a diagram from Batrium wiki https://wiki.batrium.com/wiring/watchmon-wiring-diagram
Thanks very much Chris. This is what I was looking for.

Back