diy solar

diy solar

Batrium CANbus comms to Victron for Low Temp Disconnect

Firstascent

Solar Enthusiast
Hey everyone,

I've been playing with different ways to configure my Batrium Watchmon to my likings with my Victron Cerbo/Inverter/MPPT. For basic functionality, I have the Batrium communicating with my Victron gear via CANbus so I know that is working. The Batrium shows up in my Cerbo, and I can choose what the Cerbo displays for my Shunt as well since I have the Batrium Shuntmon and the Victron Lynx Shunt (I think it's sweet I can view both simultaneously too!)

I would like my Victron/MPPT to handle my LiFePo4 charging profile but want the Batrium to tell the Victron gear to stop charging for various alarms such as Low Temp Disconnect.
I would like this to happen over CANbus and not via the remote trigger/relay.

Currently I've only been able to get this to work if I enable DVCC in the Cerbo which basically just lets the Batrium take control of all charging/discharge settings in the Inverter and MPPT. If I set the low temp setting to some random high value (higher than current ambient temp) then it stops the charging as it should. But again, this only works with DVCC enabled whereas the Batrium now has control over the charging profile as well. I just want the Batrium as my last resort for critical alarms.

Currently, in case it matters, I have no ESS assistants setup. I tried setting one up as suggested on the Batrium site but couldn't get anything to work when I added it so I deleted it for now. Also, Batrium's instructions to setup the canbus comms also states to Enable Battery Monitor in the Victron Inverter veConfig, in my testing, this had absolutely no affect on my experience. Everything seemed exactly the same with or without it enabled.

Any of you folks with Batrium experience know if this is even possible at this time? Thanks for any input!

Any chance you ever got an answer to this question?
Not the answer I wanted haha.
I spoke to some others on forums and also to Batrium, for now it’s kinda all or nothing. So I settled (although it’s hardly settling) on enabling DVCC which means the charging and discharge profile is being handled from the Batrium, which also means all the programmable alarms are available to set through the Batrium as well.

Since all my gear is Victron (MPTT, and Inverter/Charger) it passes the charge profile from the Batrium to each device automatically with DVCC enabled which is nice.

Back