diy solar

diy solar

Batrium help

jamesnewman01377

Can someone help me with my Batrium setup, my cells seem to be a little out of balance, I may not have the parameters right or something, I have a few cell over there limits and they just seem to go up and the other cells haven’t caught up. image.jpg

I’m using SPIM08HP 3.7v 16AH cells in 15P x 14S configuration from Battery Hookup. And yes everybody can fuss about me using these batteries, but it’s what I got.

What settings do you have under the Menu > Hardware > CellMon tab? They are quite out of balance. Have you charged the cells to the same SOC (state of charge) before you made the series connections? Or is this state the initial provisioning of the battery?

I’m not what you mean about SOC, if your meaning the state of charge when I started out, they where about the same, about 3.58 to 3.73 from the lowest to the highest, and probably should had them all paralleled so they would had time to get to know each other before I started to change them. image.jpg

I have stop charging for now, and I’m not image.jpgusing the inverter to charge, because I haven’t completed my Solar set up, i’m just using one of them chargers from signature Solar, I was just checking to see if all the cells were good and if the Batrium is working right. I might be going at this all wrong, I’m trying to learn.

The Batrium is working correctly, yes. It switches odds/evens during balancing (5sec each), which is why 4 and 14 are not balancing in the screenshot. I think your best bet is to top-charge the cells individually so they're at the same state of charge rather than waiting a long time for the BMS to chug through it.

Have you run a device sync since getting everything up and running? Have you checked all the cells with a voltage meter? I'm not sure if the k9 exibits issues like the individual cellmons but they can be off on voltage and you can adjust that in cellmon calibrator.

Have you run a device sync since getting everything up and running? Have you checked all the cells with a voltage meter? I'm not sure if the k9 exibits issues like the individual cellmons but they can be off on voltage and you can adjust that in cellmon calibrator.

Device sync is for cellmons and blockmons. It's not used for systems running K9 cell monitors.

Device sync is for cellmons and blockmons. It's not used for systems running K9 cell monitors.
I figured there would be some differences but was not sure if any of the cellmon issues followed the new hardware.

Thank you, I will try to charge individual cell to get them back on top, would you change any of the settings, they’re basically factory default settings, I haven’t changed anything. And when do you configure the shunt?

Back