diy solar

diy solar

Batrium with second set of leads for active balancer

Stewfish

Pardon my voice to text grammar

Wills video says 1 hr vs 12 hrs to balance a 4s.

I saw in a video that was suggested for me to watch by Batrium for setup. I remember the gentleman had a second set of leads that he could hook up to an active cell balancer. I have not done any research in that area at all. I was hoping I could find a guru that could point me in the right direction or brand.

My goal is to:
1 charge up the cells as high as I can
2 turn off the solar breakers and the power breakers to the AC and then the power to the inverter
3 then disconnect the battery by disconnecting the batriums high leads first then the low leads
4 then connect some sort of connector which then goes to all the leads to the cells and all the leads to the cell balancer to balance a 16s 2p system
Then reverse exactly the steps after balancing

This would allow for the easiest top balancing.

I believe I would need two 16s balancers.

My thoughts on this are that I was charging my two batteries up and one of the leads failed for the batrium. I'm thinking that the bactrim was bleeding enough power off of a particular cell that it blew the lead.

This leads me to thinking that I should get the voltage up higher and top balance more often. These 32 basen 280ah cells are not similar at all. I also added a few new cells to some low performing and even a cell that died after less than a year and I don't really want to charge up the system and put everything back into parallel a few different times. I saw Will's video on active balancers and it seems like you can get quite a bit of amps moved from one cell to another vs the batrium or a daly at half an amp max with the batrium to a couple hundred mA with the daly.

This would be a maintenance option.

I would also need a directional 16 pin connectors that would be just as easy to disconnect as the Batrium, but also not mess up the order. Note: You can't run active cell balancers with the Batrium running.

Back