diy solar

diy solar

Batteries in Canada

Partsjockey

Has anyone in Canada or USA ordered batteries off of Battery Finds they have stock of 280 Lishen and 302 Catl in stock in Canada?

I spent some time looking through their website. It is important to realize that this is a reseller who is based in China, similar to the other resellers people mention on this forum. They mention having warehouses in various countries, but don't give any physical addresses, so chances are that they don't have a real business presence in those places, but rather are using other forwarders to send out cells from warehouses they don't actually own (just my guess). This is not necessarily mean that they are a bad supplier. It is actually a very common practice. Rather, I'm just trying to highlight that they don't seem that different than other resellers.

The good thing I saw on their website is that they have obviously hired someone who can write English very well. I only found a couple of phrases that had poor grammar. It is easy to navigate and understand. The format is obviously copied from Alibaba pages, but it is much more clear on Battery Finds website what you are buying.

One negative I noticed is that all of their support on the website is through web-form submissions. I had to search around for actual contact information. Even the 'About Us' page did not have email or phone information. I finally found it at the bottom of the 'Payment and Delivery' page under the heading 'Security'. Their contact phone number is in China.

I googled their phone number and came up with a Battery Finds brochure that is on scibd. It lists their physical address as "No.5 Puxin Road, Tangxia Town,Dongguan, Guangdong, China 523710"

They take credit cards and paypal as payment (along with wire transfer which you should never use because it leaves you vulnerable to fraud). I've used Paypal directly with a different Chinese reseller without issue. I've only used credit cards on Alibaba.

So none of this tells you if they are a reliable reseller or not. We only find that out after a few people have taken the risk. I just didn't want you to be thinking they were local to North America. Perhaps they offer excellent service here, perhaps not. All I can say is that they have put much more effort into their web presence than most resellers do.

There are Canadian LFP like To Rolls Surette but super $$$ look under LFP

Top notch Canadian vendor with great brands (some on sale now)

AND if you want actual Canadian Made LFP cells in LFP packs (rack or otherwise) there's https://volthium.com/en/

Only facility in North America producing LFP AT TIME and for a while too.

Yes I've seen those, lot $$$$$$$, that's why try to save a loonie or two and build my own. Thanks for the help Steve. Where are you up north?

Back